Pre-Buying Drink Tickets

I have recently purchased drink tickets for our cruise in August. Because I have a quaranty room I had to call in to Carnival to purchase them. They informed me that the tickets would be given to me at dinner since you had to sign for them. My question is, I will not be eating in the dinning rooms, so they said the purser would contact me. Anybody else done this before?

Did you let your agent know you wont be eating in the dining room. This way you wont be scheduled in there and your seats wont be left empty.

Since you wont be having a dining room assignment the coupons will show up at your cabin instead.

I have recently purchased drink tickets for our cruise in August. Because I have a quaranty room I had to call in to Carnival to purchase them. They informed me that the tickets would be given to me at dinner since you had to sign for them. My question is, I will not be eating in the dinning rooms, so they said the purser would contact me. Anybody else done this before?

Just some advise from prior experience...Take proof of purchase with you. we got our drink tickets from the Carnival website and never recieved them till the 4th night of our 8 day cruise."They had no record of them being purchased" well when you mention that you will be e-mailing Mr Dickenson they sure change their tune quick.CYB!!!!

3 cruises in, never had a problem. First cruise they were in our cabin the moment we arrived, the other 2 we got them at dinner. As someone else suggested, just go to the purser's desk at your earlier convenience. If they don't have them, then you may want to check in with the Maitre'D the first day as well. One way or the other, you should have zero trouble in getting them. :)

We're going in June. From the $19.50 coupon price for 4 drinks with a max drink price on each coupon of $4.95, I did not see any benefit. Am I missing something?

Arnie: basically the coupons prepay some of your sign and sail bill. The coupons do not save yo8u a lot of money maybe 50 cents tops. But not having a bill after the cruise is nice for some people.

The reason we pre-purchase drink tickets is to save money when we board. We buy one drink ticket per month till our cruise. By then we will have 5 sets of coupons with 4 coupons on each. That's 20 drinks already paid for and not going onto our sail & sign card. We try to pre-pay again in advanced that we can. Already paid for our parking and hotel. We tried not to reserve any seating on our cruise but the Carnival TA says they have to place you somewhere.

Ah, Kevin and Serene, Thanks! My bar/spa/excursion/shopping etc... tab is going to be big no matter what I do. My cruising philosophy is real simple. Once I'm on the ship, I just don't worry about things. I just don't want to hear any complaints- which on this trip with the sister and brothers in law will be a miracle. I'll have about 30 days before the C/C bill comes. With the whole family (18) going this time, I plan on buying lots of drinks. I'll stuff a couple of bottles in my kids' luggage (DW must have her martinies w/ jalapeno stuffed olives-shaken of course). Love your posts by the way.

Same as above it keeps the S/S bill down to a reasonable level. Also we have never had any trouble getting the delivered to us the first night at dinner. I'm sure as posted the Pursers desk will get them for you if you don't to the dinning room.

The reason we pre-purchase drink tickets is to save money when we board. We buy one drink ticket per month till our cruise. By then we will have 5 sets of coupons with 4 coupons on each. That's 20 drinks already paid for and not going onto our sail & sign card. We try to pre-pay again in advanced that we can. Already paid for our parking and hotel. We tried not to reserve any seating on our cruise but the Carnival TA says they have to place you somewhere.

I learn something new each cruise. We have always ordered the drink coupons and photo coupons before we left- but the man likes bloody marys so the coupons are no good for him as that wastes money- Now instead of buying drink coupons I call 1-800-906-7603 and place an amount of money on my sign and sail account--I now had cabin credit. Also got funship dollars. 1 for 50 bucks which was placed in a box with a new shirt and tie and a picture of Nick & noras. By the time we sailed on the Miracle we had 400. worth of credit. On the last night we got a check for 139 bucks which I cashed at the pursers desk.

Funship dollars can be brought off the carnival web page. If you scrolldown the sections of gifts--- its under gift certificates.

You will be buying dollars in the amounts of 25, 50 , 75 or 100.00

They will send you the fun ship dollar. (on the back it states that you have to send it back in to apply to your credit but from reading these boards I learned I can jsut take it and apply it at the pursers desk-- I had no problem using them that way)

I have a cruise planned for February, 2006 and have been buying a 50.00 funship dollar each month.

If you do not feel like bothering with the funship bucks-- then just call the number and ask to apply the same amount to your ship board credit. Keep all confirmation numbers to prove your sale. (just in case of a problem once onboard)

Funship dollars can be brought off the carnival web page. If you scrolldown the sections of gifts--- its under gift certificates.

You will be buying dollars in the amounts of 25, 50 , 75 or 100.00

They will send you the fun ship dollar. (on the back it states that you have to send it back in to apply to your credit but from reading these boards I learned I can jsut take it and apply it at the pursers desk-- I had no problem using them that way)

I have a cruise planned for February, 2006 and have been buying a 50.00 funship dollar each month.

If you do not feel like bothering with the funship bucks-- then just call the number and ask to apply the same amount to your ship board credit. Keep all confirmation numbers to prove your sale. (just in case of a problem once onboard)

I just ordered some drink coupons today(plus the Bud cooler for SO)and now after reading this thread, I too am going to start buying the Funship dollars and should have a nice amount on the S&S by December....Great idea

THANKS SERENE!!!!:D

The drink coupons are a great value if you drink the frozen foo foo drinks. (dirty bananas, pina coloda, blue margarittas-etc.) But I still have tons of coupons left over from my Legend Cruise...

Buying the funship dollars gives me money to spend on other things that I want without worrying about my sign and sail account.

I also like to buy photo coupons since I know I want the embarkation photo and one formal night pic.

Archived