Guarantee Balcony - Any bad experiences?

tmcraine

Has anyone had a bad experience when booking a guarantee balcony? I've heard the good stories about wonderful upgrades, but don't see too many bad stories. Anyone out there? Do they take into consideration special occassions, like honeymoons?

we were upgraded to a better balcony on a higher deck but not extended and way in the front of the ship. It was our first balcony so I was happy but on a large ship being at the extreme back or front is a pain.

Has anyone had a bad experience when booking a guarantee balcony? I've heard the good stories about wonderful upgrades, but don't see too many bad stories. Anyone out there? Do they take into consideration special occassions, like honeymoons?

We booked a cat. 8A guarantee last year and were upgraded to an 8D. The only difference was that it was up on a higher deck, Lido deck. It was near the front of the ship which may have been why we felt so much motion but we loved it. We had "coffee with the captain & mates" almost every morning in that we were so close to the bridge that we could see all the goings on in there when we were on our balcony. Every morning, we'd sit on the balcony, wave good morning to all the folks on the bridge and then just enjoy the scenery, sounds, air, sip our coffee and eat our bagels/cream cheese and guava jelly. Oh Lordy! What memories!! I can hardly wait...we sail again next week...WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, almost forgot in all my excitement..........your question about honeymooners. They may and they may not. It's according to just what you have in mind. I don't know what you might be expecting. You have to remember that the very great majority of the cruisers are celebrating some special occasion. It would be kind of hard to do something very special for all of them. If you booked through a TA, contact them and ask them. If you booked through Carnival, call a PVP and ask them. They will be better able to tell you what you might and might not be able to expect. I know we were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary when we sailed last year. There was no special treatment or such except our upgrade which I thought was pretty special. This year we are celebrating 21 years of marriage but this cruise is for our DD's graduation surprise.

Archived