Oasis- DVD/XBOX hookup in cabin

Hi everyone! So, I'm sure that there will be many who will think this question is pointless.... but, does anyone know if there is a way to hookup a dvd player or xbox 360 to the hookups on the TV in the cabins? My husband and I will be cruising on Oasis this fall and was wondering if you are able to access the inputs on the tv or if they have disabled that feature. Any help would be great- thanks!!! :) (Yes, I know there are MANY other things to do besides watch a movie/play a video game, but would still like to know if this option is available.)

Hi everyone! So, I'm sure that there will be many who will think this question is pointless.... but, does anyone know if there is a way to hookup a dvd player or xbox 360 to the hookups on the TV in the cabins? My husband and I will be cruising on Oasis this fall and was wondering if you are able to access the inputs on the tv or if they have disabled that feature. Any help would be great- thanks!!! :) (Yes, I know there are MANY other things to do besides watch a movie/play a video game, but would still like to know if this option is available.)

I have heard that you can do this on Freedom Class ships but not the Oasis or Allure from what I have heard. I go on the Allure in September so I guess I will find out then.

They are disabled BUT, supposedly, if you bring a universal remote, you can activate them. I have never tried it but I have read it in this forum before. Might want to try searching on universal remote and see if you find anything.

I do know of one poster who brings gaming systems but I think she bring a monitor too.

• 8 months later...

Hi, I was hoping for an update on this topic. My 17 year old son has some physical disabilities that keep him from doing a lot of the sports/physical activities. I expect him to have other things to do, but also want him to be able to bring his xbox if possible. Also, is there xbox in the teen club - if so, do they charge for play time? Thanks!

Hi, I was hoping for an update on this topic. My 17 year old son has some physical disabilities that keep him from doing a lot of the sports/physical activities. I expect him to have other things to do, but also want him to be able to bring his xbox if possible. Also, is there xbox in the teen club - if so, do they charge for play time? Thanks!

I would contact the special needs department in advance. Here is a link to the information on the cruiseline's website. I bet they will be able to help you out.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/accessibleseas/home.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=1&snav=7

There are gaming systems in the teen area but I think they vary. I know they have Wii, not sure about xbox.

We were on Oasis last year, and the answer is this: Bring your own monitor, that's what we did.

2 actually. In one cabin we had a Wii, in the other a PS3. Both required their own monitors from home, as the ship disables the input button on the tvs so they can run their network thru the tvs for PPV, guest services and so forth.:(

In 2011 on The Freedom we were able to get one monitor from the ship, after going thru hell to get it, so we now always bring our own. It's a pain, but I have them shipped from LA to Florida by Fed Ex, so at least we don't have to carry them on the plane.

Trust me, DON'T depend on the ship, they most likely will not help you with this. :)

Archived