Century Hawaii Advice for October - Maui

hsb5956

I am planning on taking Century San Diego - Hawaii cruise October 5, 2012.

Have 2 days in Maui. Tender is used in Maui to get to shore. The first day in Maui when will the last tender take one back to the ship?

I am thinking they do not tender after dark. Planning regarding meeting Maui friend's and evening on shore possibilities verses cutting into sightseeing time daylight hours. That if so when is sun down in early October in Maui?

Thanks for the input and smooth sailing,

HSB5956

Hi HSB,

Please join our Roll Call! The board is a little slow, but I'm sure it will pick up as we get closer.

We did a two day in Lahina before on Royal Caribbean. The tenders ran continually into the evening. After midnight they ran every half hour all night. It made it nice that there was no need for tender tickets the second day.

Aloha!

I am planning on taking Century San Diego - Hawaii cruise October 5, 2012.

Have 2 days in Maui. Tender is used in Maui to get to shore. The first day in Maui when will the last tender take one back to the ship?

I am thinking they do not tender after dark. Planning regarding meeting Maui friend's and evening on shore possibilities verses cutting into sightseeing time daylight hours. That if so when is sun down in early October in Maui?

Thanks for the input and smooth sailing,

HSB5956

We just sailed Century to Hawaii. Although DH and I did not spend the evening in Maui, many folks on board attended luaus in the Lahina area that night, with no problem returning to the ship.

You're going to have a great time on Century. One of my big criticisms of the ship's condition was the fogged-over windows in the Horizon lounge. I've been told that they replaced those windows on the repo cruise, and Horizon now has the best view on the ship! :cool:

Aloha Jim & Allison & the rest of the CC Group;

As of Saturday 5/26 put down deposit on the cruise and registered for the M&G. Actually I have one of my best male friend's joining me on this cruise Ronnie this will be a retirement cruise for him to celebrate. His wife gave him permission :) LOL

I was on Century a few months ago did the Sydney, AU - Honolulu Pacific crossing 18 nights. She is a gem of a ship. Looking forward to another Pacific adventure on her as well as having the opportunity to explore HI further and experience Celebrity again doing what it does best spoiling and pampering us. Outstanding employees, service and hospitality.

Looking forward to meeting and hanging out with you guys and the rest of are CC group.

Thanks to all who replied to my posted question.

Smooth sailing and starting the countdown till Aloha

Hugh / hsb5956

Archived