Anyone visiting West End Village soon??

agor75

I have a favor to ask anyone that is willing!! We booked a tour with Victor Bodden Tours last month for our Carnival cruise and had an excellent time!! We did the best of Roatan tour! I am wondering if anyone that is going to be traveling there soon and is planning on going to West End Village could possibly do me a favor? This may seem silly, but it would be greatly appreciated!! There is a gift shop in the west end village (it is only a few shops down from the main "intersection"/corner and is a fancier shop than all the rest, it is all indoors and has air conditioning) where I purchased a bumper sticker (it was near the cash register counter) that had a quote on it about paramedics. Unfortunately, the bumper sticker got ruined on the way home. :( So I am wondering if anyone would be willing to check this gift shop to see if they still have these bumper stickers and get one for me? I am willing to cover the expense of the bumper sticker, and tip you ! Like I said, I know this seems silly, but it would mean the world to me!

I will be there next week. I have never been to west end village but based on your description the shop should be easy to find. I would be more than happy to look for you. No need for a tip BTW...I will need something to do while the wife is doing her thing any way.:D

Well, if Malinger doesn't find the store or for some other reason doesn't have the chance to look..... I am going at the end of June for a week stay. I visited in March 2011 while on an "all girls cruise" and did a dive with my SIL and niece. Also shopped/lunched in WE and also a quick beach visit to West Bay. Have been telling dh ever since we need to go back for a long stay so we can dive the amazing reef there.

So, let me know if this works out for you......

I will be there next week. I have never been to west end village but based on your description the shop should be easy to find. I would be more than happy to look for you. No need for a tip BTW...I will need something to do while the wife is doing her thing any way.:D

That would be fantastic if you could do that!! I can upload a picture of the street later this evening and give you a general idea of where its at, but like I said it was the only indoor/air conditioned shop I saw, most of them are open air buildings/huts! :) Also the most obvious thing I noticed about the shop was that in the windows they had bright colored wooden signs on display/for sale (I have a picture of one in the window I will also post). Thank you soo much for your help!! I will post those pictures this evening!

I think there are at least two AC buildings, Waves of Art is just past the Church. The other one I do not know the name of, nor the exact location though it may be before the church. It was new to me when I had a visit this March, I ducked in to get out of the pouring rain, nearly turned into an icicle due to the over whelming AC. :D

thanks guest. I thought it was going to be waves of art. I was planning on going there anyway so it works out well! We sail in just a few days so I will let you know if it was successful when we get back. :D

Waves of art isn't the store, I actually never saw/visited it, or the church...I must not have gone down far enough. The one where I got the bumper sticker was not very far from the "main" intersection...and if you are facing the water its to the left.... I can't get the pictures to load on here so I will attach a link to them!

With a bit better coding.. :D

THIS PIC shows the signs.

Sure enough that is the only other shop in West End that I know of with AC. Iceberg cold that place is. I do not remember the name of it nor do I remember where in West End it is.. not much of a shopper am I.

edit ~ oops ya fixed the link.. thanks!

Thanks for posting the pic. We will do our best to find it for you. My wife has made it like a scavenger hunt. We will print this thread and ask the Victor Bodden guide (Tex) if he knows the place. Your in good hands and I am confident we will be able to score one for ya. We fly out Saturday AM and set sail Sunday. :D

With a bit better coding.. :D

THIS PIC shows the signs.

Sure enough that is the only other shop in West End that I know of with AC. Iceberg cold that place is. I do not remember the name of it nor do I remember where in West End it is.. not much of a shopper am I.

edit ~ oops ya fixed the link.. thanks!

Thank you for making the link easier!! And yes it was iceberg cold for sure!! I have one more picture and I still cannot figure out how to make it nice like yours! :-/ Hopefully this will work...

The church that a few of you were referring to, is it on the ocean side of the street? And is it white with a red roof? There is a building that looks like a church in the window reflection of a few of the pictures I took (of the wooden signs in the window) and the building was behind me to my right, so the mystery shop would be before the "church" if that indeed, is the building! You can see the building in the reflection here ...

DSC08237.jpg

This is a picture taken with the "intersection" to my back, looking down the street...this mystery shop with the bumper sticker is beyond this coca-cola sign, I believe but not too far. We did not venture too far as it was very hot out and we were pressed for time!

DSC03658.jpg

Thank you all SOOO MUCH for your help!! I will keep you guys posted if anyone is able to get ahold of one of these for me. I appreciate it more than you could imagine!! :D

Thanks for posting the pic. We will do our best to find it for you. My wife has made it like a scavenger hunt. We will print this thread and ask the Victor Bodden guide (Tex) if he knows the place. Your in good hands and I am confident we will be able to score one for ya. We fly out Saturday AM and set sail Sunday. :D

Thank you!! You guys are fantastic!! I hope you have a wonderful time on your vacation!! :)

I would be more than happy to do this for you but we are not cruising until January 2013.

If you don't have one by then or want me to pick it up, let me know. I am in the medical field too.

I will let you know if anyone is able to find one and if not I'll take you up on the offer..Thank you!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to report we were unable to find the sticker. We spent several hours in the village and went in all but one store. It was 2 doors down from the coke sign. It may have been in that store but it was closed while we were there. The owner of the store next door said they usually have shirts outside. I was sure would would find it, my wife found everything else! Sorry we were unsuccessful. The tour guide knew right where to go when he saw the pictures I printed. I would be more than happy to go back and look some more for you anytime!

Sorry to report we were unable to find the sticker. We spent several hours in the village and went in all but one store. It was 2 doors down from the coke sign. It may have been in that store but it was closed while we were there. The owner of the store next door said they usually have shirts outside. I was sure would would find it, my wife found everything else! Sorry we were unsuccessful. The tour guide knew right where to go when he saw the pictures I printed. I would be more than happy to go back and look some more for you anytime!

Thank you so much for trying!! I really do appreciate it!! I will continue my search lol! :) Hope you had a great time!

We are sailing on June 30th. Not exactly sure which day we'll be there, but if I can get down to West End I'll try to find it. My DH isn't the adventurous type and usually doesn't care to explore the ports much. We will be traveling with a larger family group this time, so maybe groupthink will come into play :D.

Can you tell me how much a taxi charges from the port to WE? And how long to get there?

Archived