Embarkation Day / Casual Wear

I was just thinking about the casual wear guidelines for the dining room and embarkation. I would imagine I'm wearing shorts, and a nice "polo" shirt when we arrive at the pier.

Now my clothes obviously wont arrive for sometime, should I bring a pair of khakis/dress pants in my carry on? Or will shorts suffice since its embarkation day?

Thanks!

BB2

We always dress with the idea that we may not have our bags by dinnertime. However, we have always had them :eek: . It's the only night we go strictly casual to the dining room. Always want to look nice for our embarcation photo!

Our bags did not arrive until after dinner. If you wear pants on the plane, I'd put shorts into your carryon for wearing in the afternoon. You can wear shorts into the dining room if you'd like on the first night, I think.

We always dress with the idea that we may not have our bags by dinnertime. However, we have always had them :eek: . It's the only night we go strictly casual to the dining room. Always want to look nice for our embarcation photo!

I'm sure this will be the only night I decide to wear shorts. Obviously with the formal nights and the casual (by the book), i'll be dressed to impress ;).

I'm just worried I'd be the sore thumb wearing shorts:eek:.

Thx,

BB2

You'll see all kinds of different clothing all week...don't stress yourself out about it...feel free to wear short and a t-shirt the first night if you wish. We had early seating on the Glory and we got our luggage in more than enough time.

We usually have our luggage before dinner, but just in case, I dress in casual clothes for embarkation that will double as dinner clothing. For DH I thow a pair of slacks or Dockers in the carryon.

You got it right, always bring khakis/dress and a nice polo shirt etc with you incase you dont get your luggage by dinner time, that what I do and it works out ok. Its always good to shower and change, after all Embarkation day is hell.

Archived