Best choice for Bermuda next year?

schoolinmy3

I introduced our dear friends to HAL last year onboard the Veendam to Bermuda. They absolutely loved the cruise and HAL. They now want to join us in celebrating our 25th with a repeat cruise next June. Of course now HAL is no longer cruising to Bermuda. Which line would be a good substitute? I have cruised 4 times but only on HAL and have loved each cruise.

Looking forward to our upcoming cruise to the Baltics with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law - their first - leaving June 14 out of Copenhagen!

Thanks

Diane

I introduced our dear friends to HAL last year onboard the Veendam to Bermuda. They absolutely loved the cruise and HAL. They now want to join us in celebrating our 25th with a repeat cruise next June. Of course now HAL is no longer cruising to Bermuda. Which line would be a good substitute? I have cruised 4 times but only on HAL and have loved each cruise.

Looking forward to our upcoming cruise to the Baltics with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law - their first - leaving June 14 out of Copenhagen!

Thanks

Diane

Not to be cute but there is no "substitute " only "alternatives " .....Do not believe anyone else goes to dock at Front St., but rather they dock at King's Warf .....no one else is same size . On occasion , some ships that might be HAL like do call [ RSS Navigator in the spring out of Florida ] or an Occasional TA passing by .

IMPO, I would not use RCCL out of NYC and I would want to study Ncl with some care

Thanks

Diane

We just did the Veendam to Bermuda on 5/6 and loved it...loved the Veendam, too, and I too am sad they're dropping this cruise. I've looked at the Celebrity "Summit" that docks at the Dockyard. Not HAL and not Hamilton, but that will/would be my choice rather than NCL.

I would take a look at Celebrity Summit out of Bayonne. Did this cruise 2 weeks ago and it was wonderful. It docks at the Dockyard which is just a hop skip and a jump from all the local transportation. The ship just came out of drydock and it was beautiful.

I also vote for Celebrity Summit. We sailed her this past Nov. out of San Juan and loved her! The Hydrotherapy pool area was our go-to area to relax.

Several years ago we took the Explorer of the seas to Bermuda due to better accessibilty for my paralyzed niece and also liked that ship (not our small cabin). They have lifts for her to get into main pool and 1 hot tub.

If I go to Dockyards again, it will be on the Summit.

Archived