Question for those who have eaten in alternative restaurants

I keep telling Derfette that but she tips anyway. She tips as if were she were paying for the whole price. She figures the meal is worth 100 for two so she tips $20. She's crazy.

You gotta break her of that habit.:D

When we did the Supper Club we had a reservation on Thursday- We were the only passengers in there- the rest was crew members.

By going directly to the supper club to make your reservations you can pick your own table.

Formal nights you will need a jacket.

I have only eaten at the supper club on the Glory.

Dancing- none. They didn't even have a musician, just muzak.

Ambience- Poor. They have curtains over the windows (So joggers can't see you). It is a bit confining. This is in contrast to Portofinos (RCCL) where the tables are next to windows with a view.

Food- Excellent I think I got an extra desert, but don't expect seconds on lobster. Initially, they used to claim that they served a 24 oz australian lobster tail, but I was served two smaller tails. Both were cooked perfectly and ample in portion.I think my favorite thing was the Yukon Gold mash potatoes.

Supper clubs are only on Spirit and conquest class ships. That is a huge shame.

I think it is best to dine at them later on in the week. Check out the CCL menues. The food in the dining room starts off pretty good, then as the week ends, there were a couple of nights that I really wished the Victory had a supper club. In fact, I feel so strongly about this, that the next CCL ship I go on will have a supper club!

Which is one of the main reasons we will not book the Triumph, Victory or Destiny... only Spirit and Conquest class vessels when sailing 7+ nights. Now if only the spirit class ships had FISH&CHIPS :D

Tom

Here's a stupid question - what is Fish and Chips? I mean, I literally know what it means but, do they actually have an area on the ships where it is served?

In the Lido deck eating area, and up one level - to my knowledge ONLY on Conquest class ships !

so - my tally thusfar:

SPIRIT class ships : Supper Club + Ice Cream Toppings on Sea Days:D

CONQUEST class ships : Supper Club + Fish & Chips:D

Tom

They do have the flourless cake in the dining room. The no longer have chocalate decadence on the first night. (sigh--the reason I cruise was taken off the menu--lol

Depends on what ship you are sailing and what day you leave. The formal menu is always the same. http://community.webshots.com/album/231083491RrRMfu

there is the 7 day menu-- menus are fleetwide-- how they do it for smaller cruises or longer ones I have no idea. I will be sailing a 6 day carnival and was told the menu was as is-- minus the Saturday menu.

Archived