VALOR review from April 24 sailing...

COUGZ

This is going to be a quick review because I am in a hurry, but feel free to ask any questions and I will get back to them later in the day.

Pros:

1- We had no problem with embarkation because we decided to get to the port around 2:30. We were on the ship by 3:15 without any major problems. People seemed to run to the port to get there at 11 to board, but why? Wait a few hours and enjoy Miami.

2- This was my first cruise and honestly, I can't seem to find anything bad to say about it. I read many reviews about people complaining about the food, service, etc...where were the problems? The food was outstanding and the service was even better. The service was actually far better than I expected considering the fact that Carnival is a budget line...

3- Scarlett's...I can't say enough about it. IT WAS GREAT! I had a 24oz. PorterHouse that left my mouth watering with every bite.

4- I had no problems with Deck chairs...only the people who insist on being next to the pools had problems. If you want to find a chair everytime without fail...be away from the crowds, go to the 10th floor, just outside of Rosie's restaurant and there will always be chairs without alot of traffic flow.

5- We had a room on the Verandah deck near the back of the ship and it was great. I never heard a sound from Rosies above us. I would stay in that same room every time I cruised.

Cons:

I guess I could say "con" because the only bad thing I can say about this ship was there was WAY TOO MUCH SMOKING. People, first of all...can't you understand that it kills you? Second of all...if there are areas that say no smoking "the hallways" don't smoke.

The smoking needs to be limited to a great extent on that ship. Other than that, no complaints at all.

GREAT CRUISE, WE ARE GOING AGAIN ON IT NEXT SPRING.

We were on the same sailing and I felt the same way about the smoke. By 10 o'clock at night, you could smell smoke in almost any public room. Just from walking from the back elevators on the promenade deck, my hair smelled like smoke by the time I even reached the disco bar. I think that it is not only people smoking where they shouldn't but it is also "leaking out" from the many bars in that area. But Carnival needs to have a better circulation system or something. I also agree with you that there wasn't much to complain about; what a great vacation! I am having serious depression issues this week!

Wow..thanks for posting COUGZ! I'm glad you had a great time for the most part. I am sailing the Valor on 5/29 with my new hubby...can you say honeymoon?? :) I'm not at all happy to hear about the cigarette smoke...that is so disgusting and it will be to my new hubby :( I don't get it....something has to be done about this second hand smoke garbage. I personally wish to live long and be healthy and not cough my head off or die of lung cancer (my father just did about 2 months ago...avid smoker)

Surprisingly enough, we were traveling thru Cincinnati OH a couple of weekends ago and stopped at an Applebees for lunch. I told her "4 and non smoking"...she smiled and said "ma'am..our entire restaurant is NON smoking!"...I could have hugged her!!! I guess its catching quite well here in OH....a couple of neighboring cities to where I live have also banned it in all restaurants. This is one topic I have no problem with the government stepping in on :) (sorry...its a very touchy subject here..with my father dying of lung CA...my son has horrible asthma...etc.)

Glad you had a super time!

Esmerelda :)

I am not looking forward to the smoke either. I am so sensitive to it and usually end up hacking and choking- people probably think I'm being dramatic to make a statement. Hopefully I can stay outside as much as possible and suck up the clean salty air while the smokers char themselves inside ;) .

Archived