A heads up to those sailing on the Embarking or Debarking the Conquest July 8th NOLA

Hi all,

I just wanted to give a heads up to my fellow cruisers either ending their cruise on the Carnival Conquest July 8th and for those starting their journey on July 8th out of New Orleans.

I know many people including myself like to be there in plenty of time and usually we plan to stay one evening in the city of our Port of Call prior to getting on the cruise. This year we are sailing on the Carnival Conquest out of New Orleans on July 8th.

If you haven't already booked a room in New Orleans and were considering it, but haven't looked into it yet. GOOD LUCK! New Orleans is holding their annual Essence Music Festival that 4th of July weekend and most all hotels throughout the city and surrounding area's are SOLD OUT.

Luckily we made our reservations a month ago and although I would have liked to stay in New Orleans, the closest location we could find that "was decent" is in Luling, LA, said to be about 20 minutes from the French Quarter.

Anyhow...just wanted to warn those that might be traveling long distances and are considering enjoying a night in the big easy before getting on the boat, it's time to track down where you are going to stay at now...before getting disappointed once you arrive in town to No Vacancy.

Good luck all...and we'll see you on the big boat. July 8th!

You might also want to try staying in Slidell. While it is about 30 miles, East of New Orleans, across the Span, it is still close enough where you won't have to drive hours to get there. And it is cheaper than New Orleans.

Lucky me! :) I already know where I am staying...............................in my nice home 20 minutes away from the port. :D Maybe I should not have said that :rolleyes: Jeez..............................I have 3 empty bedrooms too. Now I feel terrible that some may have to travel too far for a place to stay.

Lucky me! :) I already know where I am staying...............................in my nice home 20 minutes away from the port. :D Maybe I should not have said that :rolleyes: Jeez..............................I have 3 empty bedrooms too. Now I feel terrible that some may have to travel too far for a place to stay.

Maybe you should rent out the rooms for the night and charge for transportation to the port? j/k :p

Hi all,

I just wanted to give a heads up to my fellow cruisers either ending their cruise on the Carnival Conquest July 8th and for those starting their journey on July 8th out of New Orleans.

I know many people including myself like to be there in plenty of time and usually we plan to stay one evening in the city of our Port of Call prior to getting on the cruise. This year we are sailing on the Carnival Conquest out of New Orleans on July 8th.

If you haven't already booked a room in New Orleans and were considering it, but haven't looked into it yet. GOOD LUCK! New Orleans is holding their annual Essence Music Festival that 4th of July weekend and most all hotels throughout the city and surrounding area's are SOLD OUT.

Luckily we made our reservations a month ago and although I would have liked to stay in New Orleans, the closest location we could find that "was decent" is in Luling, LA, said to be about 20 minutes from the French Quarter.

Anyhow...just wanted to warn those that might be traveling long distances and are considering enjoying a night in the big easy before getting on the boat, it's time to track down where you are going to stay at now...before getting disappointed once you arrive in town to No Vacancy.

Good luck all...and we'll see you on the big boat. July 8th!

We live in Houma Louisiana, about 55 minutes southwest of New Orleans and have plenty of hotels. We also have several swamp tours and old plantation homes. The rates here are also very reasonable. Enjoy and good luck!

Lucky you. We are lucky too because we have a brother you lives in Slidell/Pearl River and only live about three hours from New Orleans.

I don't think Luling is 20 minutes from the French Quarter-- have you checked that on map quest?

My daughter says it is 20 minutes, but I say no.

Lucky you. We are lucky too because we have a brother you lives in Slidell/Pearl River and only live about three hours from New Orleans.

Glad to know someone else is lucky. If I were to cruise out out of any other port, I would have made my reservations at the time of my booking. But I would assume some cruise at the very last minute which is the problem in getting a hotel. I hope everything works out for them.

Slidell is not 3 hours from New Orleans. You will be there in no time. If you go over the Causeway Bridge, it only takes 20 something minutes :). Then you will add a few until you get to the port.

I live in Slidell:) and it just across the twins spans not the causeway. It would take maybe 25 mins to get to the port.

Sorry, you are correct. I was thinking of Mandeville going over the Causeway. Either way, it will not take them 3 hours to get to port.

I enjoy going to NO a day or so early to explore(eat!). I also take advantage of a hotel that offers park/cruise when I can. New Orleans seems to have some type of festival MONTHLY and they always seem to fall on the weekend I'M CRUISING!:p

Jazz Fest was there just a few weeks ago when we sailed. VERY lucky to get a room at Holiday Inn on Royal. Paid quite a premium though.

Trying booking in/close to the French Quarter 04/13/13!!!! It ain't happening!

Ended up getting Holiday Inn Superdome which is just fine! Yeah I booked a YEAR in advance!

Archived