Wine on Princess?

coolkris666

Personally I find the use of the phrase okie to be demeaning. My husband is from Oklahoma and he represents that remark!!! :D Actually in his case perhaps okie dopie might be more appropriate.

We took a case on our last cruise on the Grand and brought some of the bottles to the dinning room, we never had anyone charge us extra. I must say the the waiters were wonderful and once you got to know them the would accomodate any request, I hope the Caribbean Princess is as wonderful.

We brought 6 bottles with us on the Star and were charged a $10 corkage for each bottle. Not so bad though considering corkage on our upcoming NCL cruise was just raised to $15 a bottle. :(

Personally I find the use of the phrase okie to be demeaning. My husband is from Oklahoma and he represents that remark!!! :D Actually in his case perhaps okie dopie might be more appropriate.

That's a hoot!

On my desk at work I keep a dish with little white mints in it with a sign over the dish that says:

"Take a valium, give a valium"

Everybody take a deep breath. The posting is about taking wine on board.

Barry

Does anyone know of a reputable online company that we can buy wine through who will deliver to the Golden out of Southampton? I don't want to bring it all the way from Chicago, nor do I want to buy it in England (we are getting killed by the exchange rate, dear Mr. President).

Princess cellars is a bit limited in it's offerings, imho.

-Catherine

If there is a service that will deliver to your cabin in Southampton, you are still going to have to pay the going exchange rates. You could always visit a local retailer on your way to the ship to see what you can find.

derf

The correct title could be Dictionary of American Slang. I just don't recall at the moment, but there is such a reference book out there. City of Berkeley CA Public Library had a copy. and the reference desk used to answer inquiries re slang.

Bring a box of wine. - No Cork - No Corkage fee.

Amusingly, I *did* decide to bring a bottle with a Stelvin closure (read: screwcap) on my recent Island sailing. . .watching the server try to cut the nonexistent capsule was one of the highlights of my cruise. I gently mentioned that it was one of those newfangled screw closures, and to just twist the cap to open. He was vaguely horrified, thinking I'd brough Ripple or something. After a good-sized taste pour, however, he was amazed that good wine now comes with a screwcap. The $10 "screwage" was quite worth it. ;0)

I have to agree that the wine list is Pretty Awful. Nothing you can't buy at Safeway on the main list, and a few odd markups on the Reserve list (Santa Margharita Pinot Grigio for $36? And calling it a *Reserve*? - it's a nice wine and all, but c'mon). There were a couple of interesting reds - but no Rhones of note (the Paraduxx was a nice find, but they were sold out). My plan was that I'd bring whites and hope to find Interesting Reds on the reserve list, but other than a couple of limited-availability cabs (and cheap Opus One), I was thoroughly disappointed.

Eric

Geez! One person posts a question, which gets answered, and then the post continues as a "cat fight" between posters on the definition of okey dokey?? C'mon folks, lets stick to the topic at hand. This is a great forum for gleaning information for those of us who have been on cruises or are anticipating our next cruise. Lets stick to the topic.

Archived