Having a Bad Day - Need Funny Cruise Stories for a Pick me Up!

stacycakes1

Having a horrible day today and thought some funny crusie stories might be a great pick me up for not only myself but others not having the best of times.

So.... reply and tell us your funny story:)

Mine would have to be the time that my DH wore his life jacket as a joke when he was putting our luggage under the bed and got stuck!

My husband came in late one night and did not realize there was chocolate on the pillow. When he woke up the next morning he was covered in chocolate ( hard to believe such a small piece could spread so much. he had to make sure to tell the room steward it was really chocolate that was all over the bed.

I was waiting in line at the buffet one day when the woman ahead of me ordered a sandwich. She was very explicit, only wanted a half sandwich with a certain cheese & meat and then grilled. When the chef asked her if she wanted something else, she said yes, make another half sandwich the same way. Would have been too hard to just cut one in half, I suppose!

I gotta good one!!

When we sailed on the NCL Majesty back in 2007, it was the first morning on the ship, and we had to turn the clocks ahead one hour as we sailed from Boston to Bermuda.

I looked at my clock that I brought which had to be plugged into the outlet, and it said 7:45am. I wanted to be really quiet and take my two boys and go up to the buffet for breakfast so that my wife could sleep in. As I'm eating breakfast, I noticed the clock on the wall said 9:30...as I sat and starred at the clock, I was trying to figure out why their clock was wrong...then my mother tells me that the clock is correct and it's actually 9:30.

I had wanted my kids to get to their kids' club at 9:00 and I thought I had plenty of time...Suddenly, I had them eating breakfast as fast as possible, I ran down to the room telling my wife it was really 9:40, and I dragged the kids to their club!!

Turns out, the electricity just isn't what it is at home, and the clock wasn't getting enough juice to keep the right time. Over the course of the 12 hours it was plugged in, it slowed down by 90 minutes even with the time change taken into effect!!

I learned that day never to rely on a clock plugged into the wall on a cruise ship!!

On our first cruise, we thought our room steward really liked us to be making us all these cool towel animals! We thought we were special... until we went to one of the events and they were giving away the 'how to make towel animals' book.

:D

First cruise I went on I climbed Dunns Falls. It looked simple enough walking in the middle of the falls at the beginning until I got a little higher, looked up and saw the top. My legs were shaking so much. I didn't want to have to continue, but had no choice. I had to get to the top. Thanks to the guide who helped me continue. The only reason I did this was my daughter-in-law said her Mother did this and she was older than me. So I said to myself if she could do it, so could I. I later found out that she WALKED THE PATH and did not climb up. Never again, but it was an experience. Did I mention, I can't stand HEIGHTS :eek:.

I've shared this story before, but it's always good for a chuckle.

I had cruised before but hubby hadn't. On the last night of the cruise, we were having fun with friends when it hit me that it was late and we had to put the suitcases outside (before self-debark days). I started to panic to run upstairs when hubby kindly says he would go. I thanked him and told him he needed to put the suitcases outside our door.

He goes and then comes back. We come home late and crawl into bed. Next morning as I get ready to debark, I notice that ALL of our clothes were in the closet and drawers, all of our souvenirs...everything.

Husband did exactly as he was told. He put all of our suitcases out the night before but EMPTY! :rolleyes: I just assumed he knew I meant to pack them too. The big doofus.

So our room steward was "kind" enough to allow us to use two giant clear garbage bags to put everything we owned in them and traipse off the ship and to customs like a couple of middle-aged hobos.

This happened years ago, but I still think it's funny.

Like everyone on a cruise, we dread the last night when we have to pack up everything by midnight and sit suitcases out in hallway. We put it off as long as possible so we were really kind of rushing to get it done so we could head back out to enjoy our last few hrs. of vacation. Finally we finished up and the last crammed bag went out the door. I noticed I'd forgotten to pack a brand new bathing suit and my favorite slippers so I ran out into the hallway, found the least bulging suitcase, unzipped a front pocket on it and shoved in my slippers and bathing suit. When we got home the following evening I asked my adult DD, "where's the black suitcase with the green ribbon on the handle"? She looked at me and said,"we don't have a black suitcase with green ribbon" !! Apparently in my rush I'd put my new bathing suit and slippers in a suitcase belonging to the cabin next to us !! I often wonder what they thought when they got home and unpacked !!! LOL

I had cruised before but hubby hadn't. On the last night of the cruise, we were having fun with friends when it hit me that it was late and we had to put the suitcases outside (before self-debark days). I started to panic to run upstairs when hubby kindly says he would go. I thanked him and told him he needed to put the suitcases outside our door.

He goes and then comes back. We come home late and crawl into bed. Next morning as I get ready to debark, I notice that ALL of our clothes were in the closet and drawers, all of our souvenirs...everything.

Husband did exactly as he was told. He put all of our suitcases out the night before but EMPTY! :rolleyes: I just assumed he knew I meant to pack them too. The big doofus.

So our room steward was "kind" enough to allow us to use two giant clear garbage bags to put everything we owned in them and traipse off the ship and to customs like a couple of middle-aged hobos.

Now THAT was funny!!:D

On our first cruise, way back in 1987 ( remember the Big Red Boat?) there was a costume party one night. We didn't know about it until we were on board. He got a brilliant idea, stuffed a pilliw down the back of his shirt, and ran through the cadino to the party room yelling "Esmerelda!"

anyone surprised that when we cruised on the Valor 2 years ago, same guy participated in the hairy chest contest? :rolleyes:

I am still LMAO......................:D:p:D:p

i've shared this story before, but it's always good for a chuckle.

He goes and then comes back. We come home late and crawl into bed. Next morning as i get ready to debark, i notice that all of our clothes were in the closet and drawers, all of our souvenirs...everything.

Husband did exactly as he was told. He put all of our suitcases out the night before but empty! :rolleyes: I just assumed he knew i meant to pack them too. The big doofus.

rotflmao:d:d

My step-mother is 81, but when she was a youngster in her mid-seventies, she went on one of her annual cruises with her friend. They decided to take a canopy tour. :oShe and her friend thought it was a tour around town in a horse drawn carriage with a "canopy" over it. Oh yeah, did I mention that she is terrified of heights? :eek:

Hehe, she did it, and LOVED every second of it. Everyone on the tour was so impressed the she was so young at heart, they told everyone they met. They were minor celebrities on that cruise. I think it is one of her favorite memories.

I giggle every time I think of her long legs flying over the jungle. She is one tough broad!! :cool:

My step-mother is 81, but when she was a youngster in her mid-seventies, she went on one of her annual cruises with her friend. They decided to take a canopy tour. :oShe and her friend thought it was a tour around town in a horse drawn carriage with a "canopy" over it. Oh yeah, did I mention that she is terrified of heights? :eek:

Hehe, she did it, and LOVED every second of it. Everyone on the tour was so impressed the she was so young at heart, they told everyone they met. They were minor celebrities on that cruise. I think it is one of her favorite memories.

I giggle every time I think of her long legs flying over the jungle. She is one tough broad!! :cool:

LOVE this story!! :D

this isn't as good as the chocolate pillow or putting empty suitcases out, but it's my story, so here goes....

my DH hates cruising and I think this is why: on our cruise in 2008 we missed a port due to rough seas, i believe a hurricane/tropical storm had come through a few days before, so the water was still very rough.

When we finally hit port in Cozumel, we headed for the beach. DH isn't a big swimmer, so after an hour or so in the pool and an hour or so of non-stop drinking, we decided to walk on the beach. I spotted a row of pedal boats and thought they looked like fun. DH had never been in one and I had only ever been in one on a lake. He donned a life jacket and we pushed the boat out into the water.

from the get go there was trouble with the boats as the adjustable backs wouldn't stay upright...therefore, you basically laid on your back in order to pedal. So we were drunk, laying on our backs and pedalling for our lives, only to realize that the swift current was dragging us out to sea. the harder we pedaled, the faster the current was taking us, and the further away we were getting from the shore.

The resort we were at had a rope of demarcation that sectioned off it's part of the ocean from, i guess, the ocean part of the ocean. as we drifted over that rope, i reached down and grabbed it, hoping to use it to pull us back to the shore. NO DICE. the current took us as my hands slipped from the slimy rope and we kept on a-drifing.

I was juuuuust about to dive off of the boat and try to swim it back to shore when luckily, someone saw that we were having a hard time and they sent a big red boat with a blaring blue siren and the words "RESCATE" emblazoned on the side. they hooked us up to their boat and gave us a tow to shore. We both stumbled out of the pedal boat, exhausted after the long battle with the current ,fell down into the sand and promptly ordered another drink.

I've seen 2 really funny things on the same cruise---

One was a man who came out to muster drill in just his life jacket and tighty whities.

The other was when I saw an article of clothing flying off of the ship from the topless deck and the boy next to me said, "I think those were my mama's drawers" :p

this isn't as good as the chocolate pillow or putting empty suitcases out, but it's my story, so here goes....

My dh hates cruising and i think this is why: On our cruise in 2008 we missed a port due to rough seas, i believe a hurricane/tropical storm had come through a few days before, so the water was still very rough.

When we finally hit port in cozumel, we headed for the beach. Dh isn't a big swimmer, so after an hour or so in the pool and an hour or so of non-stop drinking, we decided to walk on the beach. I spotted a row of pedal boats and thought they looked like fun. Dh had never been in one and i had only ever been in one on a lake. He donned a life jacket and we pushed the boat out into the water.

From the get go there was trouble with the boats as the adjustable backs wouldn't stay upright...therefore, you basically laid on your back in order to pedal. So we were drunk, laying on our backs and pedalling for our lives, only to realize that the swift current was dragging us out to sea. The harder we pedaled, the faster the current was taking us, and the further away we were getting from the shore.

The resort we were at had a rope of demarcation that sectioned off it's part of the ocean from, i guess, the ocean part of the ocean. As we drifted over that rope, i reached down and grabbed it, hoping to use it to pull us back to the shore. No dice. The current took us as my hands slipped from the slimy rope and we kept on a-drifing.

I was juuuuust about to dive off of the boat and try to swim it back to shore when luckily, someone saw that we were having a hard time and they sent a big red boat with a blaring blue siren and the words "rescate" emblazoned on the side. They hooked us up to their boat and gave us a tow to shore. We both stumbled out of the pedal boat, exhausted after the long battle with the current ,fell down into the sand and promptly ordered another drink.

buhahahahah this is hilarious!

Archived