Carnival Magic 5/20/12

Honey I loved EVERYTING about ur review and ur pix.. What a blessing.. Congrats..

Oh

And what kinda ribbon did u bring to use on ur Cake?

Thank you!

I just used regular craft ribbon. I went to hobby lobby and bought the ribbon and the coordinators put it on the cake for me!

How much did all your pictures cost? Did the CDs with the pictures cost anything, or come free?

We're hopefully getting married on Magic in March, thanks for posting your experience! I'll probably have lots of questions for you. You've already helped with the hair & make up!

How much did all your pictures cost? Did the CDs with the pictures cost anything, or come free?

We're hopefully getting married on Magic in March, thanks for posting your experience! I'll probably have lots of questions for you. You've already helped with the hair & make up!

Our photographer, Edwin, was amazing! When you book you get a price list for pictures. We were expecting to buy the $1500 package. It came with I believe 110 pictures and a couple of canvas and the cds of the pictures we purchased.

When we went down to view our pictures Edwin had made his own package. He had printed all the pictures (96 5x7 & 88 8x10) and had made a photo book. The package he had personally made was all the prints, the book, 3 canvas, a dvd slide show and a cd will all the pictures. It was $2600 with was quite a bit more than we had wanted to spend.

My in-laws are amazing people and we knew from the beginning they were purchasing our pictures. When we were looking at them we could not narrow down the pictures so they decided we would buy them all. I did not want them to spend the $2600 so Edwin told us for $2000 he would give us everything but the photo book! We decided to go with this.

We ended up getting a lot more than Carnival's $2000 package offers. We received all the prints, and CDs of the prints, 2 DVD slideshows, 1 20x30 and 2 20x16 canvas'. We are very happy with the package he offered us. (He told us that he understood about not getting the book and that we could make one for a lot less)

Definitely do not jump to purchase the pictures. Talk with your photographer to come up with the best package for you. And if you do get married on Carnival magic, request Edwin. He is amazing and you won't be disappointed!

Our photographer, Edwin, was amazing! When you book you get a price list for pictures. We were expecting to buy the $1500 package. It came with I believe 110 pictures and a couple of canvas and the cds of the pictures we purchased.

When we went down to view our pictures Edwin had made his own package. He had printed all the pictures (96 5x7 & 88 8x10) and had made a photo book. The package he had personally made was all the prints, the book, 3 canvas, a dvd slide show and a cd will all the pictures. It was $2600 with was quite a bit more than we had wanted to spend.

My in-laws are amazing people and we knew from the beginning they were purchasing our pictures. When we were looking at them we could not narrow down the pictures so they decided we would buy them all. I did not want them to spend the $2600 so Edwin told us for $2000 he would give us everything but the photo book! We decided to go with this.

We ended up getting a lot more than Carnival's $2000 package offers. We received all the prints, and CDs of the prints, 2 DVD slideshows, 1 20x30 and 2 20x16 canvas'. We are very happy with the package he offered us. (He told us that he understood about not getting the book and that we could make one for a lot less)

Definitely do not jump to purchase the pictures. Talk with your photographer to come up with the best package for you. And if you do get married on Carnival magic, request Edwin. He is amazing and you won't be disappointed!

I could never afford that. Period. lol Do you happen to know the deal with the CDs? Can you just buy the cd with all the pictures? Do you get it regardless? Do you have to purchase a package to get it? I'd rather just get the CD and make my own prints. I definitely will request him. =)

Did someone say vibe is purple? If so I'm excited bc we are booking dj and our colors are purple and Grey... I'm confused about people saying dj no longer available for embarkation weddings. My coordinator just emailed and said it was..

Did someone say vibe is purple? If so I'm excited bc we are booking dj and our colors are purple and Grey... I'm confused about people saying dj no longer available for embarkation weddings. My coordinator just emailed and said it was..

Yes it's purple. Perfect color! My wedding colors are plum and platinum.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I could never afford that. Period. lol Do you happen to know the deal with the CDs? Can you just buy the cd with all the pictures? Do you get it regardless? Do you have to purchase a package to get it? I'd rather just get the CD and make my own prints. I definitely will request him. =)

Unfortunatly you cant just get the cd. You only get a cd of whichever prints you purchase

Unfortunatly you cant just get the cd. You only get a cd of whichever prints you purchase

Wow first of all thank you so much for this review. We are getting married on the Magic in Nov 2013 and I am just starting my research now but this has been a huge help. I am so glad that I at least know what to expect for the wedding photo costs because that does seem really high but with us knowing how much it could cost we wont be blindsided. Definitely will ask for your photographer though. Hope he's still on.

I am so excited and happy that you had a great wedding.

How did the reception end? Did they usher you out or was it quite casual?

I am sure I will have lots of questions as time goes on so thanks again so much!!

Yay! Congrats! Your pictures are gorgeous!

Thank you! And I read your review.. I hate that your coordinator was so bad. My was great. Also, we used Jane as our officiant and she was good. She is actually the head coordinator for Galveston.

Wow first of all thank you so much for this review. We are getting married on the Magic in Nov 2013 and I am just starting my research now but this has been a huge help. I am so glad that I at least know what to expect for the wedding photo costs because that does seem really high but with us knowing how much it could cost we wont be blindsided. Definitely will ask for your photographer though. Hope he's still on.

I am so excited and happy that you had a great wedding.

How did the reception end? Did they usher you out or was it quite casual?

I am sure I will have lots of questions as time goes on so thanks again so much!!

The reception ended better than I expected it would. Everyone knew around what time they had to get off the ship so that made it a little easier. My coordinator just announced that all non sailing guests would need to depart the ship. She did this about 10 minutes early so we had time to say our goodbyes. It worked out well.

Thank you soooo much for your review -- I was panicking a bit after reading some others! My wedding is scheduled for embarkation day aboard the Carnival Magic on January 6, 2013. The date is sneaking up on me FAST! your pictures are great (especially the ones on deck) and you look stunning! Thanks for recommending hair/makeup people! I was gonna do my own, but I have decided not to stress myself out any more than necessary.

When you have a few minutes, would you mind answering a few questions? I will happily pay it forward to future brides after my wedding. :)

I have been so worried about the reception. They don't provide much info about it. I thought when it said "one hour open bar" that was pretty much our whole reception (no music, dances, etc.). So relieved to hear that those things are available!

1. Did you set up the DJ through Carnival or TWE? How much was it if you don't mind my asking?

2. About how long was the reception?

3. Did you and the groom arrive together for boarding? I'd like to board separately so he doesn't see my hair and makeup and I am thinking I can arrange this somehow -- just curious as to what you did.

4. Did your hotel have shuttle service to the terminal? Or did you have to get that through another company?

I am sure I will have plenty more questions in the days to come. Thank you so much for your expert advice!

Congrats!

Megan

Of course I remembered my other question after I posted...

Did your husband bring his own tux on board or did you rent through Carnival? My fiance loves the white tux, but the one on Carnival's formal wear page looks more off white than white. Just curious who you guys went with for rental.

Thanks again!

Megan

Did your husband bring his own tux on board or did you rent through Carnival? My fiance loves the white tux, but the one on Carnival's formal wear page looks more off white than white. Just curious who you guys went with for rental.

Thanks again!

Megan

How can you see the colours of the tuxs?

How can you see the colours of the tuxs?

Go to Carnivals website. Click on "Manage My Cruise" at the top of the page. On the far right there's a link for "Gifts and Services". Tuxes are in Formal Wear Rentals. Not a great selection in my opinion. We might end up renting through Men's Warehouse and seeing if a non-sailing guest can take it off the ship and return it for us. You can return their tuxes to any of their stores regardless or where you picked it up. Pretty neat!

Go to Carnivals website. Click on "Manage My Cruise" at the top of the page. On the far right there's a link for "Gifts and Services". Tuxes are in Formal Wear Rentals. Not a great selection in my opinion. We might end up renting through Men's Warehouse and seeing if a non-sailing guest can take it off the ship and return it for us. You can return their tuxes to any of their stores regardless or where you picked it up. Pretty neat!

They also have a destination option to return a week later free of charge !!

Thank you for posting your review and sharing the pictures; you were a beautiful bride!

It gives us an idea of what to expect - we are sailing out of Florida but you have given many great ideas......

Was the DJ included in the price; did you bring all of the music or was some of it just through the DJ?

How long was the reception, I know the standard is 1.5 hours but I read somewhere that you can actually extend it

Sorry one more questions (I hit post too quickly) :)

Would someone share their invitations; we are stressing (I should say I am stressing) about how to do the save the date and inform everyone of which ship and wha to book (we have several out of State guests that may want to sail). The when we mail out the invitations how can we inform our local friends that they can join us even though they are not cruising - I would hate for someone to feel they could only come to the wedding if they paid for a cruise........gosh did that make sense?

Yes, I am an over planner and a stresser...... :o

Thank you soooo much for your review -- I was panicking a bit after reading some others! My wedding is scheduled for embarkation day aboard the Carnival Magic on January 6, 2013. The date is sneaking up on me FAST! your pictures are great (especially the ones on deck) and you look stunning! Thanks for recommending hair/makeup people! I was gonna do my own, but I have decided not to stress myself out any more than necessary.

When you have a few minutes, would you mind answering a few questions? I will happily pay it forward to future brides after my wedding. :)

I have been so worried about the reception. They don't provide much info about it. I thought when it said "one hour open bar" that was pretty much our whole reception (no music, dances, etc.). So relieved to hear that those things are available!

1. Did you set up the DJ through Carnival or TWE? How much was it if you don't mind my asking?

Yes, we did. It was $100. They no longer have DJs though. It is now only social hosts. (same price) They made this change a few months ago. At first I was upset about not having the DJ, but the social host did great! I couldn't imagine a wedding without having the social host. We had a blast dancing!

2. About how long was the reception?

The reception was 2 hours. Our ceremony was from 1-1:30 and reception from 1:30-3:30. The length was good. We were able to do a good amount of dancing, pictures, visiting, eating, and drinking. Of course I wish it was a little longer, but it worked out great. And we still had time afterwards with out sailing guest. Although no open bar :(

3. Did you and the groom arrive together for boarding? I'd like to board separately so he doesn't see my hair and makeup and I am thinking I can arrange this somehow -- just curious as to what you did.

We actually arrived together. My husband and I stayed the night in the same hotel room the night before. Hair and makeup came to our room at 5:45 AM and I didn't want him to have to wake up that early (he did anyway) so he was actually there while my hair and makeup were being done. He ended up leaving for a little while but theres not much to do at 6am for 4 hours! Before the wedding day we had discussed not seeing each other but he is stubborn and said he was not boarding the ship with out me with him. I don't know if he was afraid something would happen and I wouldn't make it on or what. LOL. But I'm soo glad I had him with me. I was so stressed the morning of and he held me together. I'm sure you could somehow arrange to not see each other. There are plenty of walls and different rooms where you wait that it could easily be done.

4. Did your hotel have shuttle service to the terminal? Or did you have to get that through another company?

We didn't even ask about shuttle service. We didn't want to leave our car anywhere except the Galveston Cruise Parking Lot so I'm not sure if they do or not. As for the non sailing guest, the nonsailing parking lot is so close to Carnival terminal that none of them worried about being shuttled from the hotel either. Sorry I can't help you with this one. But, if you choose to drive yourself, the shuttle from the parking lot to the terminal do not run early enough, so what we did was have a non sailing guest follow our sailing guests to the parking lot to drop them back of. The parking is really far from the terminal, but non sailing parking is right across the street, much closer.

I am sure I will have plenty more questions in the days to come. Thank you so much for your expert advice!

I will answer any question you have! I know its hard going into it not knowing what to expect, but mine was perfect! I would do the exact same wedding if I could go back. I was super nervous wondering how it would play out since it was like we were going into it blind, but it was better than I could have ever imagined!!!!

Congrats!

Megan

Thanks again!

Megan

We rented ours and brought it on. He also wanted to were all white and Carnival doesn't offer all white. The only white they have is a white jacket with black slacks.

We rented his from Als Formal Wear. I found a coupon on there website that allowed us to keep it for an extra 7 days at no charge. I had stressed about this because I knew we had to keep the tux for pictures so we couldn't send it off with a non sailing guests but to keep a tux for extra days is normally like $20 a day. So, when I saw this coupon I knew this is what we were doing!

The only thing about having a non sailing guest return it is that you take all of your pictures after non sailing guest have disembarked. So he wouldn't have a tux for pictures.

Thank you for posting your review and sharing the pictures; you were a beautiful bride!

It gives us an idea of what to expect - we are sailing out of Florida but you have given many great ideas......

Was the DJ included in the price; did you bring all of the music or was some of it just through the DJ?

How long was the reception, I know the standard is 1.5 hours but I read somewhere that you can actually extend it

Thank you! I was very happy with my pictures!

The DJ is not included in the price. I belive it was an extra $100. Which isn't bad. The only thing is that they no longer offer the DJ. It is now only a social host acting as a DJ. That is what mine was and he was really good. No one knew he was not the real DJ.

We only brought the music for our first dance and mother/son dance. On Carnival you have to have to orginal CDs not any burned CDs. Even if you have receipts they will not allow you to play it. We were able to have a burned CD for the ceremony because it is TWE who plays it and they don't care. But if you want it played at the reception, whoever is playing it works for Carnival and they are not allowed to play burned CDs.

We are country and rock fans so we requested this kind of music and then dance music. They did a great job playing what we asked. Before the wedding they told me I could email a list of songs and they would see if the DJ had them.

Our reception was 2 hours. I don't know if it just the different ports or what, but our 2 hour reception was standard. I also read somewhere you can possibly extend it but I'm not sure how or how much it is.

If you can think of anymore questions just ask!

Archived