Passport Stamp

Haven't been able to find anything but old information on this. Does anyone have a recent experience getting your passport stamped in St. Maarten? The old information seems to indicate it might be in an industrial area and I am wondering if it's safe as we'd have our two small children in tow. Please also provide me with specific information on how to get there and how long of a walk it is.

Before anyone suggests it, I am not interested in leaving our passports on the ship for the purser to try to get it done since there is mixed information as to whether or not this is possible.

Thanks in advance! :D

Edited by buckeyemommy16

• 4 months later...
Haven't been able to find anything but old information on this. Does anyone have a recent experience getting your passport stamped in St. Maarten? The old information seems to indicate it might be in an industrial area and I am wondering if it's safe as we'd have our two small children in tow. Please also provide me with specific information on how to get there and how long of a walk it is.

Before anyone suggests it, I am not interested in leaving our passports on the ship for the purser to try to get it done since there is mixed information as to whether or not this is possible.

Thanks in advance! :D

I'm interested in this info also.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I've been told you go to the Immigration Offices. On the Dutch side it's located in a building about a half mile from the cruise pier, in the docks area, close to the industrial entrance to the port. They give you a graphic stamp that says "Sint Maarten: The Friendly Island." On the French side it's on the waterfront at Marigot close by where the ferry leaves for Anguilla. the office is located under a nightclub! Their stamp is that of the French prefecture of Guadeloupe, which runs the French side of St. Martin. If you're going on a bus tour, tell the tour guide you want your passport stamped on both sides of the island and they will take you there. Our friends did this on a cruise day-trip.