Early Saver and Suites

jayman31

Just curious if it is worth my while booking a suite with the ES rate? Since the quanity of suites are lower, I was wondering if many people have noticed price drops for that particular category and if you found the savings worth it?

honestly, it probably depends on the type of suite & type of ship.

when on Imagination a few years back, we received over $300pp rate drop on a "Penthouse" suite (I think it is Grand Suite now).

However, on Spirit Class Legend & Miracle, have never received a price drop on our aft-wrap "Vista" suites...there are only 10 onboard.

we always book ES becaiuse if nothing else, at least we got lowest price possible when we booked.

Jayman - on our upcoming Breeze cruise, we are in a grand suite. I had first checked the price in late March and the rate was very high. We checked in mid May once I was able to confirm I coud get time off at work and the price had dropped by $1,600 per head! We grabbed the deal, of course since we booked just under 100 days out, no question of Early Saver. So yes, the prices for the suites DO come down and sometimes by a lot. Btw - I had been pricing similar 12- day cruises on HAL and Celebrity and have noticed their suite prices have dropped as well.

I had had a similar question on Early Saver this morning. Based on the info I got, if you book it and the price drops prior to full payment, you simply pay less as the balance. If its after full payment, you get an OBC.

Just curious if it is worth my while booking a suite with the ES rate? Since the quanity of suites are lower, I was wondering if many people have noticed price drops for that particular category and if you found the savings worth it?

We booked an Ocean Suite on the Freedom ES last year for this coming July. The price has NEVER gone down and in fact is more that $400pp more.

We booked the ES category because it was cheaper and we knew we were not going to cancel. I definetely didn't book it looking for a price drop.

That said, we booked 3 other rooms with ours (for our kids and spouses) and those have gone up too.

As has been mentioned, there are other factors which will effect the price. We had an Ocean Suite on the Miracle in May once and the price dropped around $600! That was some nice OBC!:D It doesn't hurt to book ES as long as you're ok with the terms...

As has been mentioned, there are other factors which will effect the price. We had an Ocean Suite on the Miracle in May once and the price dropped around $600! That was some nice OBC!:D It doesn't hurt to book ES as long as you're ok with the terms...

I forgot to mention that I have an Ocean Suite on the Legend this December......I really wish that price would drop since there are so many of them.....but it has not moved 1 penny since we booked....maybe that's a good thing!

Archived