Is the Carnival Liberty that bad?

sail2day

Any feedback on embarkation non-VIP.

Embarkation was fine. They did stop running the sign and sail portion for about 15 minutes but after that it was only about 45 mins before we were on the ship.

Now, debarkation was a different story!!! We were close to 3 hours late getting off the ship. They stopped calling zones. After an hour of no zones my hubby told me to just grab my stuff because we had a flight to catch (and he's impatient). When we walked off without them even asking our zone our luggage was already down on the carousel waiting. It literally took less than 5 minutes to go through Customs which was nice.

DW and I were on the March 3rd 2012 sailing. Embarkation was a breeze. We arrived at the port around 12 (we drove)....porters were at the back of the car before I could get to the trunk. I parked the car and met the wife and we went thru security. Security was the only time during embarkation that things moved slowly. We were on the ship in no time. I thought the Liberty was a beautiful ship and would sail her again anytime.

We sailed on the Liberty last year right after the 2.0 upgrades and loved the ship. Easy to navigate, great employees, and fairly good food. We are on the Liberty again this year and are looking forward to it. As long as you are expecting 5 star service and food you will have a good time. Liberty and Miracle are two of our favorite Carnival ships.

OP, I was ON the Liberty when you made your original post, and I was having the time of my life. Now, it was my first cruise as an adult, so I had nothing to compare it to, save for almost 8 months of near-obsessive research, and a scouring of every post marked "Liberty" on Cruise Critic. So I knew a few things to watch out for that undoubtedly enhanced my experience, but other things that I heard so many complaints about I found for me to be either non-issues, insignificant, or pleasantly surprised that I actually liked them.

By all means, read reviews, do your homework, and gear your plans according to your personal tastes and interests. But don't cancel your booking - it's hard for me to envision how anyone could have anything but a great time on this ship, unless they just go in completely unprepared, and with totally unrealistic expectations. And please don't interpret that to mean that I am a simple, uncomplicated, or easy-to-please person. In fact, quite the opposite. I am very high-maintenance, demanding, and can at times be quite difficult. And I had no significant issues on this cruise. My expectations were nearly always met, and quite often exceeded, in terms of both product and service.

And if you're still on the fence, I'll take those tickets off your hands for the right price... :cool:

P.S. - I will post a full review, hopefully later this week.

My family just got off of the Liberty this past Saturday. We LOVED it. People had told us that we would always be partial to our 1st ship, but this was our 2nd cruise and we all loved this one so much more. Our room steward was wonderful and our waiters were outstanding. The Liberty was simply beautiful to us. All staff was friendly and helpful. We couldn't have asked for a better cruise. The food was great and Guys Burgers were a big hit with us. We are looking at booking our next cruise on the Liberty as well. I do agree with other posters, a vacation is what you make of it. Have fun and enjoy!

• 1 month later...
DW and I were on the March 3rd 2012 sailing. Embarkation was a breeze. We arrived at the port around 12 (we drove)....porters were at the back of the car before I could get to the trunk. I parked the car and met the wife and we went thru security. Security was the only time during embarkation that things moved slowly. We were on the ship in no time. I thought the Liberty was a beautiful ship and would sail her again anytime.

Hi! Might inquire as to where you parked your car? We're driving to Miami from PA in October and I'm looking for somewhere to leave the car. I'd like to stay with the luggage while hubby parks the car - so I'd like it to be fairly close to the port.

Thanks!!

Heather

I too have read many disturbing things about the Liberty - but you know what...I don't care!! My last cruise was on CCL out of Tampa during SPRING BREAK! :mad: NEVER AGAIN!!!!

I'm looking forward to exploring Liberty - partially because she'll be the biggest I've ever sailed on and the fact that we WON'T have our kids with us - thank you Mom and Dad!! WOO HOO! I can already tell you that no matter what happens..this will be the BEST CRUISE EVER!!!:p

I sailed Liberty before & after her 2.0 upgrades. The food has always been good in my opinion. I think the service was a little better the first time we went, but we still had no issues & had a wonderful time both trips. Guy's burgers are the bomb!

Archived