What to do in Whittier until mid-Afternoon

Ready 4 the next 1

We are cruising on Princess and disembarking in Whittier. We are following the cruise up with a privately booked land tour to Denali. Our ship docks in in Whittier just after midnight, but our bus does not pick us up until 2:45 p.m. My research shows a number of activities around Prince William Sound, but none that get us back in time for our bus.

Any suggestions of how to make good with the time we have there?

We are cruising on Princess and disembarking in Whittier. We are following the cruise up with a privately booked land tour to Denali. Our ship docks in in Whittier just after midnight, but our bus does not pick us up until 2:45 p.m. My research shows a number of activities around Prince William Sound, but none that get us back in time for our bus.

Any suggestions of how to make good with the time we have there?

There really isn't much, unless you want some extended hiking. Why is your bus so late picking you up- is there an earlier bus to switch to? I would certainly suggest that, makes a lot more sense for you getting your transit to Denali- which can run 6-7 hours from Whittier.

Prince William Sound boat tours are the forte here- which don't finish until after 5pm. Alternative would be to change your bus to a late pick up, or take the train to Anchorage and head to Denali the next day.

Archived