Cruise Critic Members Up in Arms Over Leaked Carnival Loyalty Program Changes

LauraS

Can you tell provide the link to this blog? I hope what your saying is true.

Here's what he posted -

592288_144285012280735_2143136138_q.jpg

John Heald

Just wanted to remind you that any guest that reaches 10 sailings by December 31, 2013, will be considered Platinum beginning with that 10th sailing, regardless of the number of days/points they have accrued prior to that 10th sailing. In effect, the old program rules are remaining in effect in

parallel with the new program until the end of next year.

www.johnhealdsblog.com

I have completed 7 cruises as of today. If I complete 3 more before 12/1/13, will I be Platinum on that 3rd cruise? On another thread, I read that you needed to have completed 8 cruises by 6/11/12 and complete 2 more by 12/31/13?

Which one is correct? Thanks.

You be Platinum on your 10th cruise if it completed by 12/31/2013.

• 2 weeks later...

LW and I will be sailing the Sensation next Thursday for a "shorty" in Nassau. Our Carnival Travel Guide was kind enough to let us know we would indeed be Platinum Guests once we board. This is our 4th "shorty" cruise. We have taken 4 seven night cruises, 1 five nighter, 1 four nighter, and are booked on the Breeze for an eight nighter next April. I am planning to book another four nighter with my youngest son (his first) next July 4th.

I say all that to say this.....we have taken as many cruises as we could afford, when we could afford them. LW and I are 55 years young and could not afford cruising vacations while we were raising our family. Not complaining, just stating. For those that find an issue with those that take the short cruises, these are Carnival cruises and they are happy to have these cruises booked. We also have saved hundreds of dollars over the past few years by spending some time and booking our own excursions or even not booking one at all and "free-stylin' it" on our own.

The Platinum perks are a nice addition to what we feel is an excellent bargain for vacationing. We plan to take at least two cruises per year with one being a shorter one and the other being a seven day or longer.

I wish all of you peace and the ability to quit sweating the petty things

Archived