What to do????? airfare question

Disneynutbsv

American Airlines has airfare to Miami from Boston for $329 per person for next April. We are cruising out of Miami on the Imagination, good deal or no? Never flown AA or into Miami...should we wait until Jet Blue releases their dates and fly into Fort Lauderdale??

Are you looking around Easter week? If so, personally I'd take the flight into Miami at that rate. If you are not going around that holiday, then sure you can wait and fly into Ft. L. Then shuttle to MIA. Are you planning a precruise stay? If we had a crystal ball, we could give more than our opinion...:D

Are you looking around Easter week? If so, personally I'd take the flight into Miami at that rate. If you are not going around that holiday, then sure you can wait and fly into Ft. L. Then shuttle to MIA. Are you planning a precruise stay? If we had a crystal ball, we could give more than our opinion...:D

lol, I don't even know when Easter is next year... Yes, we will be flying in two days early, will be needing a pre-cruise stay (April 22 is our cruise)...

off to google when Easter is!

If the price is right for you then book it, especially since its a non-stop flight. The last thing you want to happen is wait until Jet Blue releases their flights which could be more expensive and then AA's flight has increased! I'd go for it!

That is an excellent price for Miami. I've flown on AA alot even overseas. Jet Blue has great prices usually from Boston to Fort Lauderdale also..I have family in Boston and they pay anywhere between $250-$350 on jet blue.

Given it's the height of tourist season and also that fuel prices are said to be going up again soon, I'd book it and not nickel and dime it over a savings of probably around only $50 if you wait.

American Airlines has airfare to Miami from Boston for $329 per person for next April. We are cruising out of Miami on the Imagination, good deal or no? Never flown AA or into Miami...should we wait until Jet Blue releases their dates and fly into Fort Lauderdale??

We are cruising out of Miami on April 27, 2013. I found this hotel:

Comfort Suites Miami Airport North

It is new, scheduled to open December 2012. The hotel offers shuttle service from the airport to the hotel, free hot breakfast, and shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port! Great rate as well. Our flight arrives after 10pm so this was perfect for a 1 night stay close to the airport. :) Check out their website and give them a call.

Ok, so airfare is booked! Non stop from Boston, pre-cruise stay at La Quinta with free shuttle from airport and courtesy shuttle to the port:) So, we have one day we need to figure out something to do, but unsure of what and how to get where it is:) Wow, I make a lot of sense, lol...

So, what to do in Miami with a 16 year old???

I wouldn't stay at any of the airport hotels mentioned unless you have a car. For two days, really do you want to be out by the airport? WITH a 16 year old? :eek: Head to downtown Miami at least or even better Miami Beach where you will FEEL like you are on vacation with things in walking distance. Brace yourself for some high rates tho...prime season.

The only suggestions I have been getting are for hotels in the airport area... I am used to going out of port canaveral and having cocoa beach so close by, it's pretty easy. Miami doesn't seem as easy. We do not want to rent a car so we need shuttles to and from. Plus, I don't want to waste a ton of $ on a place to stay when our real vacation starts on the ship.

So, recommendation for something reasonable with shuttles from airport and to the port in a beach area? If I find something reasonable I will switch :)

Because you are basing your decision on shuttles, you won't be near anything but the airport. You will need to use cabs to see anything but the hotel pool.

If you go to hotwire.com and you will see for your dates (4/20-22?) an airport hotel for $112 (or downtown for around $150.) No you won't get near a beach for that price or with a free airport shuttle.

If you haven't been to South Beach, I would definitely plan a trip there with your daughter. That's the beautiful area she sees on tv and will be memorable people watching for you all. :D There is a bus service that will take you there from the airport. Easy to do logistically if you use your hotel airport shuttle to catch the bus.

She would also like doing a water tour of the "famous people" mansions. Might as well make a vacation out of the Miami Beach area if you haven't been before. And not wait till you get on the ship. Especially seeing you will be spending two nights precruise.:)

http://www.miami-airport.com/bus_and_rail_info.asp

The above link will help you with info re the $3.25 bus that goes to South Beach from the airport.

That a great price. My parents are flying from Boston to Orlando this August for a cruise, and it was $500 a person roundtrip for them on Jet Blue.

It was roughly half that for us on Southwest to fly down from Raleigh.

Archived