Yet another Nellie's cabana question

stephluva

I have been looking into booking one of the cabanas on Nellie's beach for our upcoming cruise on the Explorer (July 19th sailing). I have come across some great information and wonderful pictures from this forum, so thanks to everyone who posted these :)

I have a few concerns....I am cruising with come people who have mobility issues (bad knees mainly) and wondering about the accessibility of these cabanas. Which ones do you all recommend booking, because the last thing we need on our vacation is for someone to hurt themselves trying to get to and from the cabana!! :eek:

Thanks in advance :D

I have been looking into booking one of the cabanas on Nellie's beach for our upcoming cruise on the Explorer (July 19th sailing). I have come across some great information and wonderful pictures from this forum, so thanks to everyone who posted these :)

I have a few concerns....I am cruising with come people who have mobility issues (bad knees mainly) and wondering about the accessibility of these cabanas. Which ones do you all recommend booking, because the last thing we need on our vacation is for someone to hurt themselves trying to get to and from the cabana!! :eek:

Thanks in advance :D

We just returned from our 9 day cruise on the Explorer (5-24-12 sailing) and spent a day on labadee. We had a hilltop cabana on Nellie's beach that I booked online. Let me tell you the cabana was great, the view was fantastic, but getting to the cabana was horrible. Our one friend who has problems with his legs had a terrible time getting up all of the steps. I have breathing problems and I was a mess by the time we reached the cabana. In addition, to get to the beach we had to go down the steps, up the steps..... If you book online you don't have much of a choice to pick the cabana you want - maybe if you are in a suite and are on Barefoot Beach you may get something closer to the water. Good Luck!!

Fred

Thanks for the info! I figured we wouldn't be able to do the hilltop ones, as nice as they look.

Some of the pictures I have seen have cabanas that are directly on the beach, do you know if there is anyway I can get those?

If you book online you don't have much of a choice to pick the cabana you want - maybe if you are in a suite and are on Barefoot Beach you may get something closer to the water. Good Luck!!

Fred

Actually, I think it's just a matter of how early you book on-line. I booked an over-the-water cabana online with no problem. But, I took the advice I read here on CC and booked it VERY early. Our sailing date is 7/5 and I booked the cabana month's ago. So, if you want one, make sure you snag it as soon as you can book excursions!! They go fast!

I haven't seen any photos but I'm dying to see some! Can you possibly suppply a link, or at least point me in the right direction?

I just booked a Nellie's Beach cabana for my late-August cruise. They were all sold out last month when I booked the cruise ... I went back and looked several times, and tonight one happened to be available!

I've read the RCCL website's descriptions, but I'd love it if you can supply me with ANY details about the physical seat-up, the service, even where Nellie's Beach is!

THANKS!

Since we booked our July 19th cruise just 2 weeks ago, we did not have the opportunity to book a cabana months in advance...so now of course, they are all sold out. When I look up the cabanas on the RCI shore excursions page, it says "inquire onboard". So hopefully, someone will give up their cabana and we will get lucky =)

Stephluva,

Did you try just putting one name on for the reservation? If you add all the names in your party, it will get kicked back. Try putting the reservation in just your name. You can add the rest of the people later. With the charge for the cabana, it tries to charge all the names on the list and that kicks out the reservation. Good luck.

Archived