Celebrity Pricing Issue Help

karelet

Hi,

We booked a cruise on the Equinox in October. We booked an Aqua Guaranty and were told there was a promotion if we used Choice Air. A couple days later we made our air reservation using Choice Air out of SFO, and received a $300 p/p discount. Today I noticed the Aqua price had gone down $100, so called to get the "price guaranteed" reduction we all hear about. To my surprise I was told we could get the reduction, but we would lose the Choice Air discount, and since you can't cancel your air reservations, we can't just cancel and rebook like you normally can. We weren't told when we got the Choice Air discount that we were giving up $300 of price protection. Before I send an email to the President of Celebrity, I thought I'd ask what CCers thought about this situation.

John

P.S. There were some price reductions today!

Hi,

We booked a cruise on the Equinox in October. We booked an Aqua Guaranty and were told there was a promotion if we used Choice Air. A couple days later we made our air reservation using Choice Air out of SFO, and received a $300 p/p discount. Today I noticed the Aqua price had gone down $100, so called to get the "price guaranteed" reduction we all hear about. To my surprise I was told we could get the reduction, but we would lose the Choice Air discount, and since you can't cancel your air reservations, we can't just cancel and rebook like you normally can. We weren't told when we got the Choice Air discount that we were giving up $300 of price protection. Before I send an email to the President of Celebrity, I thought I'd ask what CCers thought about this situation.

John

P.S. There were some price reductions today!

Every booking is done under a specific fare code. Say for example, your current fare code is ABC and includes the following:

Cabin fare: $2000

Air: $1000 (discounted $300)

Later, Celebrity comes out with a fare code XYZ which consists of:

Cabin fare: $1800

Air: $1300 (normal cost)

What you want is to build your own fare code taking the best features of both fare code ABC and fare code XYZ -- the $1800 cabin fare and the $1000 air. It doesn't work that way. You can't just pick and choose and come up with some combination of features and make up your own fare code that doesn't exist anywhere in the reservation system.

Archived