New To Princess

jdmerck

Hi there, i am a Royal cruiser, and just booked a cruise on the Carribean Princess we are a couple that has a 9yr old son who will be traveling with us, we are deck 11 rm 501 i was looking at the "key" at the bottom of the room page, i am just making sure this has a pullman we dont want a rollaway just wanting this to be a great vaca its as close to a Xmas cruise we will get without forking out a gazillion dollars...is thier anything i should know about Princess vs Royal?? looking forward to learning about this line :)

There will be two lower beds and an upper berth. The cabin could accommodate a rollaway for a fourth person.

We enjoy Princess a lot--having sailed on them more than all other cruise lines combined. But in actuality, the mass cruise lines are more similar than they are different. I think Princess has better food and service. The shows won't be as good as on RCI's big ships.

The third bed comes out of the ceiling. Your steward will put it back during the day when not in use. Kind of sucks if the third person wants to take a nap but they can always steal someone else's bed for that :p

Whoever sleeps below that one should be advised to watch their head. I fell asleep reading a book, knocked it over the edge in my sleep, and almost nailed the person below me.

...is thier anything i should know about Princess vs Royal?? looking forward to learning about this line :)

Depending on the ships you have cruised on Royal, you will find none of those bells and whistles on Princess. Your son might like the movies on deck. But that's it as far as 'activities" like rock climbing, ice skating etc. Dependng on when you cruise, there will be kids for your son to hang with. More of course duiring school vacations.

You'll probably feel a more subdued atmosphere as compared to Royal. And definitely a step up in food.

I'm sure you all will have a fun time!

Thank you for the replies, yeah the 3rd person will be my 9yr old son so no afternoon naps for him, and with the activities he never did the rock climb and ice skating on Royal, as long as they have the kids club in general he will be happy, now do they keep them like Royal does with activities all day and its at a price after 10pm? im not finding that on the web page..

i have heard the food IS better, royal has gone way down hill in that dept unless you fork out extra for specialty, we will be going with my parents in a cabin next to us and they have traveled Princess quite a few times, but have not been on in over 2 years, so they are hoping the food has not gone down hill...

As far as kids being on the ship we are going before Xmas the 15-22 cruise so thier may be kids i dont know, we never cruise in the summer only in the fall and winter...i just hope for a Fab vacation

I think you'll find the atmosphere and decor sedate in comparison to RCL. The ships are beautiful, but do not have the over-the-top wow factor of the Radiance class and larger RCL ships. Very few announcement and none of the "let's get the party started vibe" so prevalent on RCL. You'll also find the average age somewhat advanced. And, as mentioned, not nearly as many family/kid oriented activities. Relaxation on Princess vs exhileration RCL.

Archived