Is The Summit a "Diamond in the Rough"?

Lois R

Oh Lois! What a good problem to have!! icon_biggrin.gif

I have sailed on two M Class ships and have a third (Constellation) booked for December. I have loved each of the M Class ships and can't wait to go another.

I just don't think the word "dissapointed" is even in your vocabulary. I am sure you will have a blast and enjoy yourself no matter which ship is lucky enough to have you!!!

Mindi

boat.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;12;4;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Constellation - Southern Caribbean

Infinity to Alaska 8-03 Review

Millennium to Eastern Carribbean 11-02

Hi Mindiicon_smile.gif Hi Julieicon_smile.gif

Thanks everyone for the replies. I still don't know which I will be doing but it is fun to think about it all icon_biggrin.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Lois, you are not going to believe this, but my husband and I do not watch TV. In fact, last year we cancelled the cable since we figured it was costing us about $25/hour when we figured out the shows we actually watched. The TV collects dust except when we get a DVD.

What restaurants in Laguna did they showcase, do you remember? We have some new restaurants that I have not yet tried, but we are regulars at a few of the older ones so it is hard sometimes to branch out.

Linda

Lois ~ right now it looks like the departure date will be Jan. 28 but that may change to mid-Feb if other friends join us. I should know soon and will let you know.

By the way, I LOVE Laguna Beach. Have dear friends who live there. Need to visit soon! icon_cool.gif

~Host Anne

Good morningicon_smile.gif

Oh Anne...I cannot take the last couple of days of the month officon_frown.gif we close out each month the first day of every new month and I am just too busy at that specific time.

Oh Well.....another time maybe icon_wink.gif.

Linda.....I will go to the foodnetwork website and see if I can find the show...it was on Friday night I think..I was channel surfing and I love the food shows! Was surprised this one was airing on a Friday evening. I will check out if they have what places she found..she goes out for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner...and has 40.00 to spend. And the whole poing of the show is to stay within that figure icon_wink.gif.

I do remember something like the Coyote Cafe...have you heard of it?

Hi Lois,

DH and I booked the Summit yesterday for the 11 day on February 7th. Come join us. We spoke to friends in Florida (they sailed the Summit in March 2004) and will book today.

We were on the Summit last February and loved it. We have sailed on the Century and Mercury (loved them both), but Summmit is now our favorite.

Shirley & Gil

Song of Norway 1/1982

Noordam 1/1984

Nieu Amsterdam 1/1985

Westerdam 2/1988

Star Princess 2/1990, 2/1997

Regal Princess 2/1992

Crown Princess 2/1994

Dreamward 2/1995

Century 2/1999

Mercury 2/2000

Costa Atlantica 2/2001

Ocean Princess 2/2002

Brilliance of the Seas 1/2003

Summit 2/2004

Summit 2/2005

Hey Lois icon_biggrin.gif

You'll love the Summit. icon_smile.gif We've sailed her twice, as well as the Infinity and Millennium. Going on the Infinity again for the 10 night Pacific Coastal/Alaska June 9,'05. Consider that one--it's not the first or the last of the month! Maybe you could swing 10 days then. Leaves from San Francisco-does the Inside Passage and ends up in Vancouver. It would be so nice to meet you after all the posts about Jacksonville, talking with you on the phone and seeing your pictures!

Linda icon_cool.gif

It was so nice to see the pictures from the Panama Canal! I never knew when or where you posted them. I'll always remember the lovely get together you hosted the day of boarding for the Cruise Critic Connections folks. And who could ever forget your "Newlywed not so Newlywed Game " participation--or the way Gerald posed on the white piano in Michael's Club when they were taking the photos for the Connections party! icon_biggrin.gif Wonderful cruise-- running into CCer's all the time.

Garry icon_smile.gif

I see you are doing the later Alaska than we decided on. It'll be great. We've been there 4 times already and couldn't keep away any longer. Look forward to seeing you on the Galaxy in a few months.

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

Lois -- we absolutely LOVE Summit -- she is a true diamond and I was hoping it would be kept a secret icon_biggrin.gif -- but the word seems to be out. We will be taking our 3rd cruise on her next March. I must admit I'm curious about her three sisters, but Summit is consistently rated top in service and food that I may never be able to get off her!!!

Lucy icon_wink.gif

P.S. I have been on Century once and Mercury twice, but as yet have not been on Zenith or Horizon, so haven't done the "smaller" ships.

hi Char...I will give it some thought icon_smile.gif..I know I keep saying that about every itinerary and date LOL

Linda...Laguna Beach...the restaurants that were highlighted are "Coyote Grill", "The Zinc Cafe" and "The Sundried Tomato Cafe".

If you click on to www.foodnetwork.com and then click onto tv you can find the show and the write up about each restaurant. All 3 places sound very good icon_smile.gif and 40.00 for the entire day....all 3 meals sounds even better icon_wink.gif

Lois:

I've been on the Galaxy, Mercury, Century, Summit, Millenium, and Infinity.....

Still like those "C" class ships better than the "M" class, but it's just a personal thing, I guess.

If they'd put an alternative restaurant in the "C" class, I'd be in heaven!!!

Lois, those are terrific restaurants. I wish they hadn't mentioned Cafe Zinc, though. That is kind of off the beaten path and is a 'locals' joint. Don't want it more crowded than it already is. All vegetarian but some of the best breakfasts and lunches you will find anywhere. Next time you are on this coast, I'll take you there.

Linda

Linda...Its a date icon_biggrin.gif

I love "off the beaten path"...those are the BEST places to eat!! And vegan is fine with me...I am very flexible icon_wink.gif

Archived