Is The Summit a "Diamond in the Rough"?

Lois R

Hi..I have been reading so many wonderful reviews about the Summit recently. Is she just a ship that isn't talked about much?

After hearing about the Millie alot, it seems the Summit has been talked about alot...any comments about this? Or is it that I just look for certain topics and don't see others?

I was thinking of trying an M Class ship next year...looks like I am going to have to really think hard about which one! icon_eek.gificon_wink.gif decisions...decisions!

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Lois,

Just found out my parents and brother are taking the Summit in a few weeks. Will let you know what they report. I too have been looking and think I would love to sail her too!

Celebrity Century 5/8/04 -Western Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;8;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Ecstasy 2/04 - Baja

Tahitian Princess 2/03- French Polynesia

Sea Princess 7/02 - Alaska

Carnival Ecstasy 5/02 - Baja

Royal Caribbean Monarch 10/00 - Southern Caribbean

Carnival Elation 10/99 - Mexican Riviera

Royal Caribbean Monarch 1/97 - Southern Caribbean

[This message was edited by Princess-of-Quite-alot on 05-02-04 at 07:54 PM.]

Hi Lois,

We just went on Summit for the 10 day Southern Caribbean that departed on 4/16. I was on your 5/03 Century sailing last spring.

This ship is great. I loved Century, but an "M" class ship is truly in another class. I would strongly encourage you to try an "M" class after your Horizon adventure. The ship is much more spacious than the Century class ships. You get the same great service and friendliness from the staff. Dining choices are even more numerous and varied, and, most important of all...... The Martini bar is about 3 times as large!!!

Majesty 9/01

Sovereign 12/02

Century 5/03

Enchantment 12/03

Summit 4/04

Hi Jefficon_smile.gif...you sailed with me the first time on Century????

Did we meet? I am sorry I can't recall!

Thanks for the tip about the M Class...will give it some serious considerationicon_smile.gif.

Lois,

While the Century remains my all-time favorite Celebrity ship, the Summit really impressed me. We sailed on her October 2003 and while onboard booked a March 2004 sailing.

I had heard negative reports from several friends who, like me, are Celebrity addicts after they sailed on the Millennium so I was apprehensive prior to my October sailing.

The Summit is simply wonderful. The Century will always be #1 for me....but Summit is a very close second.

Try the Summit - you won't regret it.

Lois ~ I agree! We've sailed Century and Summit twice each. We love them both. Summit is a bit larger but she's still a reasonable size (not a mega-ship like some other lines). We are thinking about booking her again for next Feb. She's one of our all time favorite ships (by the way, we liked her better than Millie) and I think you would like her too.

~Anne

Lois, You would love the Summit. You know that I loved the Century also so we have somewhat the same tastes in cruises. Super ship, super service, super people, super Martinis (so Tom says). icon_biggrin.gif

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

Oh..you are all making my mouth water icon_wink.gif

Do any of you know though..does she only sail 10 day cruises? I know there are "exceptions"...last week she had a 4 day special and right now she is only sailing for 7 nights.

But is the "usual itinerary" for 10 nights?

Anne...you and Andy are really thinking of sailing her in Feb? Any idea what week? icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Lois

We sailed the Millie in June 03 and the Summit in October 03. We much prefered the Summit, though the ships are very similar, it was the service on the Summit that did it for us.We found there was a very big difference in service from waiters to officers. Maybe as we were traveling in Europe on the Millie and in the caribean on the Summit had something to do with it.Many more of you very friendly americans on board , met so many lovely people from all over the USA especially Ross and family.we are trying the Infinity in October so will be able to compare another M class ship to the Summit.Just love Celebrity.

Linda

Greetings Lois,

My DH and I sailed Summit on the 10 night itinerary last February. We loved her so much, we booked the same cruise for next year. The Summit is a flawless diamond, and a truly wonderful ship. The service was impeccable, and the personality of the staff was so warm, sincere, and caring. I think you would love her as much as we do! If, you can't get away for 10 or 11 nights, I would strongly recommend trying Constellation. We have been on her twice, and our cruises were just as grest. You will not go wrong with either ship. We will be sailing your favorite ship Century in November, and I hope we enjoy her as much as you do.

I love the Summit but I don't trust her. We had a cruise cancelled a couple of days prior to sailing, however, we did do a make up cruise six months later. Those darned pods have turned me off all of the M ships. Much as I have a soft spot for the Zenith and the Horizon I like a little more space We will be back on the Century in February which I consider the perfect size.

The Summit sails an 11-night Western Caribbean cruise rt from Ft. Lauderdale to Key West, Cozumel, Costa Rica, Panama (not full transit), Aruba, and Grand Cayman - with 4 days at sea. We go Feb. 2005. We did the 10-night on Summit in Jan. 2001 and it was the best cruise ever!

Summit is understated elegance, pure class all the way. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Feb 2005 Summit Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2005;2;28;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Princess Regal 1995

NCL Dreamward 1997

Celebrity Summit 2001

Celebrity Summit 2005

I forgot to mention: 32,000 travelers voted Summit #2 overall In the 2004 Conde' Nast Traveler's annual "Best Cruise Ships in the World" survey. Summit ranked 2nd overall, but 1st in the category of service. Constellation took the #1 spot.

The entire article can be seen at the Celebrity web site, as well as Conde Nast Traveler.

Feb 2005 Summit Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2005;2;28;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Princess Regal 1995

NCL Dreamward 1997

Celebrity Summit 2001

Celebrity Summit 2005

Lois,

You can't go wrong with any Celebrity ship (IMO). We have been on yours and our favorite - Century 3 times and will probably sail again some time in the future. Have also been on the Infinity (sistership to Summit) and sailed Summit this past February, 11 night Western Caribbean. Loved it so much, we are already booked for next February. To sum it up, whichever you decide, you will love it!

Sandy

Celebrity Summit 2/7/2005

2004 Summit

2003 Infinity

2003 Century

2002 Century (twice)

2001 Horizon (twice)

2000 Nieuw Amsterdam

1999 Mercury

1998 Westerdam

1997 Noordam

Lois DH and I will be sailing on Summit Alaska cruise June 25 will write a review. We sailed Century twice,and were lucky to be able to do the 10 day ultimate on Millie in 2002 during June.Loved all cruises on Celebrity.Looking forward to our Alaska adventure.

Hi Lois. I think you will like Summit. She is probably my favorite ship. I have to admit to a preference for the M class, but that might be because or first Celebrity cruise was on Infinity--you know how that first cruise thing is.

You will feel right at home, first of all. The Celebrity ships, regardless of class, have always had pretty much the same 'feel' to me in terms of service, amenities, etc. You will recognize the martini bar, the Cova Cafe, the smiles and greetings from the staff, the champagne on arrival and so on. Yes, the look of the ship is quite diffent--the onyx stairway in the atrium is just splendid. Still a feeling of understatement, though. One of the comments made about all of the Celebrity ships is that the atrium is not 'spectacular' as it is on, for example, the RCCL ships. That, on the other hand, is just what attracts me.

The art is a bit more avant garde than on Century or Mercury, but I really get a kick out of it. We started identifying the staricases by the theme of the art (such as 'the floozy stairway'). Take a look here for some pictures of Summit, the art (including one of the floozies), my crazy husband with Simon Weir (cruise director) and our waiter, Brani, and the grand buffet.

So, when are we going?

Linda

Lois,

Come and join Bob and me on the Summit Sept. 2, 2005 to Alaska. We're going to have a great time and I sure would like to meet you! icon_wink.gif We loved the Constellation so know we're going to enjoy the Summit. I've heard such nice things about this ship! It seems to have a following kinda like the Century does! icon_smile.gif

Garry

click <a href="mailto:gkm278@comcast.net">here</a href> to send me an email

Hi MommaFaye,

Are you on the 2-28-05 Summit? If so join us on the connections page, its a little lonley at the moment, just Sandy, Bill and I and I'm sure more will join as time moves on! icon_biggrin.gif

Nancy & Gerry

Boston, Ma

Hi Lindaicon_smile.gif thanks for those pictures! Everyone looks like they had a wonderful time!

When are we going? LOL...I don't know yet!

Oh, I forgot to tell you, (this is a little off topic)but I was watching the FoodNetwork the other day...they had an entire show on Laguna Beach icon_biggrin.gif! I thought about you and hubby right away! ...trying to think of what show it was.....Oh Maybe it was Rachel Raye..40.00 a day. Ever watch it? She finds the most fun and reasonably priced places to eat icon_smile.gif

Hello Lois

Karen and I were on the Millenium and loved it. My sister and I loved the Century. But come October 15 we are off on the Summit.

We can compare apples to apples and I will keep you posted.

5 1/2 months to go.

Julie

Archived