Nice Family vacation on Fascination

luckymbt

We just returned this week from a relaxing 5 nite stay on the Fascination. The at port parking was convenient. We had only a small wait at the port after arriving at about 11am and the cabins were ready before 1pm. Very nice.

We had an aft cabin that had a very decent size balcony. Our dear daughters had an inside cabin a few doors away. There did not seem to be alot of planned activities on board but it is a small ship. On this particular ship I felt that the small size was noticable. We all know that the first day and sea days are crowed but this ship just did not seem to have enough public space to accomodate the entire population. Seating was short in the Buffet area, the pool area was really tight and there was no staff monitoring chair hogs. Twice at the comedy show there were folks sitting on the floor and in the aisles. And as I mentioned earlier there were trivia games and the standard Battle of the sexs and newly wed games, art auction but overall a lack of planned activities. But if you are looking to just relax and read a book and enjoy cruising it is a nice vacation . The staff were pleasant and we had good service. We were also lucky to have very nice weather and smooth sailing.

I loveddd the Fascination in May. The crew made the trip even more enjoyable. I loved Mary who was an assistant hostess and Michael Smith in the Piano Bar. German our head waiter, who is about to retire, was fantastic as well. I'd love to sail on the Fascination again.

Definitely spend some time out on the Serenity deck if you can. It's very relaxing. I loved the 80s show that they did more than the "Hey Mambo" one. The Mexican buffet at 11:30 during the deck party was yummy. That was the only night I stayed up past midnight. Haha. Visit the piano bar. You can request songs and sing along. If it's empty recruit some newly made friends to join. The more people the better. Michael, the piano player, wanted us to stay another week because our "beautiful" singing drew lots of people in. If you're in the Sensation dining room and have a chance to talk to Amidth(sp) the maitre d ask him to guess your name. He's pretty good at that! If Hmc is on your itenarary, enjoy it! It's beautiful. Hmmm...I think that's it for now. If you have any specific questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer.

akdurbin..enjoy your upcoming cruise. We loved HMC but shade is scarce and it gets hot quick, I bought a $10 beach umbrella at WalGreens before we left and that was a blessing for my dear hubby who does not like to be in the sun all day. Many suggestions on this board said to go to the lounge early and get on the tenders as soon as you could since it does get hot at the beach....this did not work at all for us. We got to the lounge at least an hour before departures were to start and we were still number 18 ....they call a handful of numbers at a time for each tender. We wasted a good 2 hours just waiting in the lounge for our number to be called. next time I would definately enjoy the ship pool and just wait until the "general clearance for tenders" was called. We had anytime dining and loved it. We had a very excellent bar waiter at dinner named Kristov from Poland. My dd had the biggest crush on him. The Grill in the Coconut Buffet area serves very good ham and cheese, or turkey and the wraps and ruben were very good too. Sushi before dinner on 9 forward is decent and a good chance for the family to try something they may otherwise try.

We took our first cruise, as a family, on the Fasincation last September. I loved the 80s show, Mambi show was OK. If you walk down the beach a ways at HMC, there is shade from trees...

We loved the trip and the ship!

Archived