hotels near Heathrow

What is our best option for hotels in the Heathrow Airport area? We are doing the Princess British Isles cruise 8/1/12. We will be arriving 7/30. Plan to spend two nights and then take the National Express to Southampton. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Maureen

I think you will have to put everything in the perspective of price because of the Olympics.

The cheapest budget hotels like a Travelodge on those nights are well over $100 per night, something like a Holiday Inn around $250, the Hilton T4 is around $300 and the nicest hotels like the Marriott well north of that..

I finally ended up booking Hilton Terminal 5. I have Hilton Honors so I booked it for 187.00 with breakfast. It is an executive king room whatever that means. We arrive terminal 3 so we will have to travel a distance. Plan on taking the train into London Tuesday. Our cruise leaves Wednesday. Thanks for all your help! Maureen

I finally ended up booking Hilton Terminal 5. I have Hilton Honors so I booked it for 187.00 with breakfast. It is an executive king room whatever that means. We arrive terminal 3 so we will have to travel a distance. Plan on taking the train into London Tuesday. Our cruise leaves Wednesday. Thanks for all your help! Maureen

Is that 187.00 in pounds? Because if that's what you're paying to be out at the airport, I'd personally be staying at the Hilton Paddington, which can be had for 199 room only for your dates, or 219 with breakfast. The transfer is no harder than the transfer from T3 to T5 - it's the same train, you just have to pay rather than catching it for free between terminals. You can then hop a cab to Victoria to catch the National Express there for your transfer to Southampton, or catch the train from Waterloo.

Last Minute Travel is showing a secret LHR hotel for $60 for these dates.. This is the Holiday Inn Express and includes free breakfast. If you do a pretend booking adding a car the name shows up.

Despite its name the Hilton Terminal 5 is nowhere near Terminal 5, its about 3 miles away on the Hoppa Bus from T5 and about 5 miles from T3.

There is a local bus though that passes through the village nearby that goes to Eton and Windsor.

There is no complementary hotel bus, the Hoppa costs 14 GBP for two people return to the hotel and back to the airport.

With a 7:30pm arrival I can understand why you want a hotel near the airport. I do agree though that there are much better bargains than the Hilton, and 4 star quality. I would also suggest that if you are in a hotel on Bath Rd (where many of them are) you can walk to several nice places for dinner and avoid the overpriced hotel dining room. The hotel breakfast is probably worth it though - if only because, after a 'full English' you won't want much lunch:)

I'm not a cheapskete - just don't like being ripped off.

Archived