2 bedroom suite on the Jewel

jlat

Hi,

Does anyone have comments on the Jewel's 2 Bedroom suites (cat sc)? We are booked next year to Alaska and will be traveling with two teenaged daughters. They have problems sleeping in the same bed, and neither gets a good rest. Does the suite also have a couch pull out or Murphy? The NCL site says it will sleep 6 but doesn't give a lot of details. We had a great suite on POA a few years back that had a Murphy as well as a bed.

Also can anyone comment on the concerige/butler service on the Jewel. We did that on the POA, but was less than impressed with both the butler and concerige. Since thine we have sailed on a couple of other lines and have found their service first rate, so we are willing to give NCL another try.

Thanks for any tips or advice.

Hi,

Does anyone have comments on the Jewel's 2 Bedroom suites (cat sc)? We are booked next year to Alaska and will be traveling with two teenaged daughters. They have problems sleeping in the same bed, and neither gets a good rest. Does the suite also have a couch pull out or Murphy? The NCL site says it will sleep 6 but doesn't give a lot of details. We had a great suite on POA a few years back that had a Murphy as well as a bed.

Also can anyone comment on the concerige/butler service on the Jewel. We did that on the POA, but was less than impressed with both the butler and concerige. Since thine we have sailed on a couple of other lines and have found their service first rate, so we are willing to give NCL another try.

We stayed in the Courtyard 2 bedroom villa with four adults. The master bedroom and bath is awesome! My fiance and I had the second bedroom which I did not mind at all, however he felt claustophobic. The couch opens up to a double bed and there is also a pullman over it. The sofa in the living room also opened up to a single bed.

Our concierge Ryan and his assistant Apple were great but what really made our trip was our butler Antonio! I am glad that you are giving NCL another chance and I am sure you will be glad as well.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

Were were in SC last year on the Pearl. As the previous poster mentioned you are suppose to be able to fit 3 in the smaller bedroom. Two in the double sofa bed & one in the pull down bunk.

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

Then one in the living room on the sofa. I ended up on this bed a few times when our DDs took over the master bedroom - it was actually very comfortable. I can't find where we took a picture of it when it was made into a bed, but it was a single.

DSC_0029.jpg

And then two in the master bedroom.

DSC_0036.jpg

Here is where my DH and I were run off by bed thieves.

DSC_0050.jpg

The butler on the Pearl was wonderful. We are hoping for a similiar experience when we sail the Jewel next month, again in an SC suite.

We are in a suite on the POA next year, hate hearing it wasn't as great of an experience.

Hi,

They will also have their own bathroom and the storage is a little tight as far as clothes. It might help if they bring an over-the-door shoe holder for smaller items as there won't be much counter/table space in that area.

Thank you everyone. This is great feedback. I think we can get both girls their own space without much hassle.

We were on the POA about 4 years ago, so I don't know if the same concierge and butlers are still there. Neither seemed to genuinely want to do the job and basically only did what was asked of them, nothing more nothing less. But boy, did they show up at tip time. Since then, we have done two cruises with Disney and their concierge was so great that we specifically ask for her after our first time with her. She was really awesome. My kids are now old enough to be sort of over the Disney stuff but we still sail (this coming August) with them if I can get a good deal.

I really like NCL and think that the value of the product can't be beat. We sailed on the Sun this past April (non concierge), and had a wonderful time. I can't wait for Alaska next year!! Thanks again, y'all are awesome!

Archived