Freedom OV vs Inside cabin size

sunshineRN48

I hunted it down once and I believe the oceanview cabins are about 35 square feet larger than the interiors. I was on Freedom last fall in an interior with both my mom and sister and it was plenty of space. We don't spend much time in the room though, but it had room for all our shoes, clothes, hair stuff, luggage, and just the random stuff we had with us.

I should add, that one person is going to end up in an upper berth. I drew the short straw on our cruise and it was fine. I am 26 years old and am 5'9'' and I had enough room to sit up when I was on my bunk. The bed isn't as comfy as the lower beds though and climbing up and down the ladder is... interesting, especially when you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night in a pitch black room.

The OVs may have a little more length to them. I was upgraded from an inside to an OV on the Freedom. Although only DH and I, there was the addition of the sofa in the OV which the inside wouldn't have.

How to handle the darkness at night in an inside: bring some of those battery operated tea lites to place on the nightstand or desk area. Or..leave the bathroom door open just a small crack with the light on and that way no one has to get up in pitch black darkness falling or fumbling for a switch, etc.

Archived