transportation FLL-Miami hotel & Miami hotel to FLL

bugspost

Okay, sorry to start a new thread but can't seem to find the topic although I am sure this has been asked before......

We fly into FLL airport 6:55am but have hotel in Miami..........early check in @9am so not a problem......spended one night in Miami then off on 10 day cruise. When we come back from cruise, we are staying two nights in hotel.

My question is what is good transportation from FLL airport to Miami hotel & from Miami hotel to FLL airport??

Originally, we were flying into Miami but Alaska has discontinued flying there so they changed our flights to FLL.............any advice, suggestions, help is appreciated.......

there is just the two of us.................THANK YOU

Okay, sorry to start a new thread but can't seem to find the topic although I am sure this has been asked before......

We fly into FLL airport 6:55am but have hotel in Miami..........early check in @9am so not a problem......spended one night in Miami then off on 10 day cruise. When we come back from cruise, we are staying two nights in hotel.

My question is what is good transportation from FLL airport to Miami hotel & from Miami hotel to FLL airport??

Originally, we were flying into Miami but Alaska has discontinued flying there so they changed our flights to FLL.............any advice, suggestions, help is appreciated.......

there is just the two of us.................THANK YOU

Quality Limo Service (QLS) and SAS are 2 shared shuttle services that are often used. SAS has limited services in Miami though due to their permit so QLS may be your best bet. Their shared services runs about $15 per person

I found a place called shuttle 16. It is not a shared ride so you don't have to wait forever to get where you are going. We are using him on our next cruise. I have talked to 1 person that said they were great. I talked to Cornelle yesterday. He gave us a good rate for 4 of us. He will pick us up in Ft lauderdale airport to a Miami hotel. HIs number is 305-328-8503 He said if we send recommmendations, he will give us a better rate. Tell him Esther sent you. Maybe we can all get a better rates. I looked up their website too. Now vehicles and not clunkers. YOu have nothing to lose by calling him. Esther

SAS has limited services in Miami

SAS will not pick up from Miami hotels as a business decision.

SAS will not service MIA as a business decision.

The only permit restriction is they can not conduct Miami to Miami trips, which is also a business decision as they could surely apply for a Miami-Dade permit.

SAS will not pick up from Miami hotels as a business decision.

SAS will not service MIA as a business decision.

The only permit restriction is they can not conduct Miami to Miami trips, which is also a business decision as they could surely apply for a Miami-Dade permit.

I knew it was something like that. Doesn't seem like a smart business decision to me but what do I know. I'm not in the transportation business ;)

Suggest since you have the time to try the tri rail from Fll airport to Mia airport then take a cab to your hotel unless it has a shuttle from the airport. We have done this several times and I think oneway tickets cost about 3.50 can't remember. Really easy to do. Check it out.

I would like to share some info I found hopefully it is helpful for those that are in the same boat as I am.

I called Shuttle 16...they will pick us from from MIA and drop us off to FLL hotels and pick us up at Port in FLL and drop us off in MIA. The cost is $ 85 for 4 of one way.

I know I just saw someone just post this. I posted this yesterday. We are using Shuttle 16. We are being picked up from Ft Lauderdale and going to Miami hotel. I talked to Cornelle yesterday. He said if we have a few different people using the shuttle , he would give it to us for $80.00 for 4 people. Tell him Esther sent you. Then you get the good rate . This is a private shuttle too. His number is 305-328-8503 We have it booked for the 4 of us.

I know I just saw someone just post this. I posted this yesterday. We are using Shuttle 16. We are being picked up from Ft Lauderdale and going to Miami hotel. I talked to Cornelle yesterday. He said if we have a few different people using the shuttle , he would give it to us for $80.00 for 4 people. Tell him Esther sent you. Then you get the good rate . This is a private shuttle too. His number is 305-328-8503 We have it booked for the 4 of us.

thanks so much...........I will call him.......:)

• 4 weeks later...

Bobocasey, We arrive so early in the morning that we do not want to hang around for shuttle as they start at ten so was looking into the Tri Rail from Ft L to POM area. We will be able to carry on our luggage on this commuter train and which stop would we get off to get the closest to the port? Thanks

Archived