Children's sleeping arrangements on Oceana balcony room

winniesbestm8

We went on Ventura last year and my youngest was 18 months so she had a travel cot set up by our steward and my 3 year old had a smaller 'my first readybed'.

Now Oceana balcony rooms are smaller than Ventura for starters, and my youngest will be too big for a travel cot now, and we brought a junior readybed for our eldest daughter but it seems we have a dodgy one which keeps going down (so has put me off buying another one), plus the smaller ready bed maybe too small for my younger daughter come next year.

They will be 5 (just) and 3.5 years old when we go so I think they will be too young for the pullman berths.

Does anyone have any suitable alternatives or has anyone used the pullman berths for their children so young?

We went on Ventura last year and my youngest was 18 months so she had a travel cot set up by our steward and my 3 year old had a smaller 'my first readybed'.

Now Oceana balcony rooms are smaller than Ventura for starters, and my youngest will be too big for a travel cot now, and we brought a junior readybed for our eldest daughter but it seems we have a dodgy one which keeps going down (so has put me off buying another one), plus the smaller ready bed maybe too small for my younger daughter come next year.

They will be 5 (just) and 3.5 years old when we go so I think they will be too young for the pullman berths.

Does anyone have any suitable alternatives or has anyone used the pullman berths for their children so young?

My six year old went on the Pullman berth last time and was fine with a bed guard. The youngest was on the ready bed which always seems to have deflated by the morning, so I am going back to the regular inflatable camping mattress next time as that was much better (just a bit of a pain as it is quite long)

My six year old went on the Pullman berth last time and was fine with a bed guard. The youngest was on the ready bed which always seems to have deflated by the morning, so I am going back to the regular inflatable camping mattress next time as that was much better (just a bit of a pain as it is quite long)

We were thinking of a camping mattress too, just wondering if P&) will supply the bedding, they did for the cot

My DD went in a Pullman bed at age 5 - we pre-booked the 'Mothercare' bedguards which are put in as an addition to the rail which is already there. It makes the sides fine, although you do still have the small gap at the head of the bed.

We had taken a readybed as well though just in case a) she wouldn't go up there or b) the extra bedrail didn't materialise.

Archived