Just back from EOS but still feel like I'm on the ship

Thanks for the info. There was nothing wrong with the ship and the crew was great. We discovered that cruising just isn't for my immediate family or me. Personally I didn't like the food or the entertainment and found myself very bored much of the time we were at sea. Aside from the gym and the solorium there wasn't much else I found to pass the time. I missed the ice show since my daughter was sick the last day and a half of the cruise but likely would have enjoyed that.

We were with extended family and we had a great time being together but next time I'll vote for a land based resort.

We loved Bermuda and did a lot. We hope to go back via plane.

I start taking a Dramanine the day before we cruise and everyday until the last day of cruise. Thank goodness, I have never experienced that and knock on wood three times that I never will.

As far as some loving cruising and others don't, I sure hope my sisters and their family enjoy it as I have talked them into going on next cruise. If they don't :eek:, I may be in trouble :p.

I suffer this after every cruise, even though I am almost never seasick. I can control it with the same medication used for seasickness--Bonine, in my case, because Dramamine makes me sleepy.

Mine is exacerbated by crystals that form in my inner ear, causing occasional vertigo--not serious, but this is age-related (age-related like 50ish, not like 90). If this is also part of your problem, there are exercises that can help.

Even if you do nothing, it will probably go away in a few days. Should it still be bothering you significantly after a week, it would be wise to see your doctor.

DW had it for about 2 weeks after our first cruise. I had it for about 2 months. Our cruise was pretty rough with constant movement on the Carnival Sensation in 2008. I had ear problems as a child (i.e. tubes in ears, ear infections, etc.) and I attributed that to why it took so long to go away. Neither of us had any motion sickness during the cruise.

Yes, i have had the "floor moving" upon returning to land after each cruise. It seems to go away in about 4 days for me. Question: does the Explorer have actual Diamond Lounge or just area for drinks, etc? And, if u want a "virgin" drink, is it free or do u just get the 25% off discount. Finally diamond and looking forward to see what will get on this cruise. Hope to meet all at the M & M

I suffer this after every cruise, even though I am almost never seasick. I can control it with the same medication used for seasickness--Bonine, in my case, because Dramamine makes me sleepy.

Mine is exacerbated by crystals that form in my inner ear, causing occasional vertigo--not serious, but this is age-related (age-related like 50ish, not like 90). If this is also part of your problem, there are exercises that can help.

Even if you do nothing, it will probably go away in a few days. Should it still be bothering you significantly after a week, it would be wise to see your doctor.

Just so you know, those "crystals" are supposed to be in your middle ear. It's when they migrate to areas where they don't belong that the trouble starts. I was treated by a Vestibular therapist in the rehab hospital where I am employed to get my crystals back where they belong :)

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never get seasick, but I felt the same way after my freedom cruise in June. Took about 4-5 days for the feeling to go away. Just a general feeling of sway, ebb and flow, and if I stood with my feet together and my eyes closed I would start to lean over. Weird to experience but perfectly understandable given our vestibular physiology.

I'm really sorry (and disappointed for you) that your family didn't enjoy the cruise more. I wish you better luck with your next vacation.

I only experienced "sea legs" after my first cruise, count me in with the weirdo's who actually liked it (wish it would happen to me every time). However, considering you didn't really have a great experience while on board, I can certainly understand why this is not a good sensation to you. As others have said, a commonly suggested remedy is to take motion sickness meds for it, be sure to get a non-drowsy formula. Should stop after a few days.

Best wishes.

It's called " Vertigo". I get it when I go up and down lifts as well as being on a cruise. And yes, it's an inner ear thing regarding balance.

Being in a car with the engine running is fine, once the engine stops, you'll feel funny.

Shame you didn't enjoy your cruise. :(

Archived