Bathroom storage space on Zuiderdam?

am2

We'll be staying in an inside "J" cabin- 2 adults and 2 kids, ages 10 & 8. What can we expect for storage in the bathrooms? Are there shelves, drawers, etc? Trying to figure out how to pack toiletries... in separate bags for each of us? in a hanging toiletry bag for all of us? any suggestions?

We'll be staying in an inside "J" cabin- 2 adults and 2 kids, ages 10 & 8. What can we expect for storage in the bathrooms? Are there shelves, drawers, etc? Trying to figure out how to pack toiletries... in separate bags for each of us? in a hanging toiletry bag for all of us? any suggestions?

We have found plenty of bathroom storage on all our HAL ships but we are only two: large sink tops, under sink storage. I am also remembering small side shelf storage areas but I might be confusing this with another ship. There is not much space in the room for hanging bags besides the back of the door hooks which you may want for robes or nightware, because it you hang the bags from the towel racks they bump into the commode.

You might want to think about bringing those "Command" 3M removable adhesive hooks so you can put them up somewhere that works best for any other extra hanging bags or clothes hooks. Since you can easily remove them before you go, this can expand the room storage use for your own needs. They hold up to 5 pounds on this removable sticking mechanism. http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NACommand/Command/

Shampoo, conditioner and liquid soap are in the tub so you don't need to pack those as extra items if you are willing to use the house brands - Elemis, very good. They have small bar soaps but you may want to bring your own favorite brands is the one extra to think about.

Maybe consolidating the rest of your mutual toiletry needs like sun screen, hand cream, toothpaste would work best and a small bag for left-over individual needs that each person to control would save space.

Hair and make-up are my biggest space hogs but I bring a little tub containers for each to contain the sprawl. DH uses an electric shaver so that is not a space issue.

I've stayed in many Main Deck J-cabins, and would say there is little bathroom storage for four people.

I can't recall if there is one or two shelves on the wall, but I think it was two. They are short, though, and I need both of them all by myself!

There is a long shelf under the vanity. Some of that space is taken up by the waste basket, bath mat, spare toilet paper roll and tissue box. I wouldn't want to put anything small near the wastebasket, for fear it would fall in.

There is a good amount of space on top of the vanity, but you will also need to keep some of that area clear, just to use.

If you can keep such things as meds, make-up, toiletries (besides the ones in the shower---no tub), in containers or bags, you can maximize use of the available space in there.

The use of a bag that hangs from the door hooks is also a good idea.

I've stayed in many Main Deck J-cabins, and would say there is little bathroom storage for four people.

I can't recall if there is one or two shelves on the wall, but I think it was two. They are short, though, and I need both of them all by myself!

There is a long shelf under the vanity. Some of that space is taken up by the waste basket, bath mat, spare toilet paper roll and tissue box. I wouldn't want to put anything small near the wastebasket, for fear it would fall in.

There is a good amount of space on top of the vanity, but you will also need to keep some of that area clear, just to use.

If you can keep such things as meds, make-up, toiletries (besides the ones in the shower---no tub), in containers or bags, you can maximize use of the available space in there.

The use of a bag that hangs from the door hooks is also a good idea.

It depends on whether the J is an HC or not.

HC J's have much less storage space in the bathroom. Photos of one here of the Westerdam a sister ship to Zuiderdam and will be almost exactly the same. J 1074 which is a little over 1/2 way down the page. http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/Deck-1.html

IF it is a regular, non HC, stateroom you can check out the photos here of the bathroom on J 1037, to see the space that RuthC is talking about. This is on the Oosterdam, but she is also a sister ship to Zuiderdam and will be almost exactly the same. J 1037 is a little over 1/2 way down the page. http://abqreunion2008.com/Oosterdam/Deck-1.html

Joanie

Thank you, everyone! Your info is very helpful, and Joanie it was great to see photos. Our cabin is not HC. The vanity looks bigger than I expected, but with 4 people we will fill it up fast! I think I'll go ahead and bring a hanging toiletry bag and a hook (great idea!). Most of what I pack in there will be in ziplocs anyway, in case of spills, so we can always use those if they seem to work better. My parents will be in a separate cabin and may end up with one of the kids in their room, so that way the kids could just take their stuff with them. I'm less stressed now, thanks for the advice!

To the OP: With four in the room, I would think seriously about a plastic hanging shoebag to go over the bathroom door. We usually take one (with clear plastic pockets) and it is a great place for makeup, sunblock, hair barrettes, first-aid bandaids and such, etc.

We (mom and I) usually hang it on the inside of the door, but you might find it works best on the outside, so when one person is in the (very small) bathroom, others have access to their things. And your toiletry bag could hang on the inside.

It's even a good place for kid's small toys or even room keys.

Shower has a curtain. EM

The shower curtain however, I believe is on a embedded ceiling track, and not hanging from a shower rod.

I am vaguely remembering being very disappointed not only could I not hang a cosmetic bag off the shower curtain rod, but could not hang out towels to dry if we were not replacing them that day - no rod, just that in-ceiling track.

Is this how others also remember it?

The shower curtain however, I believe is on a embedded ceiling track, and not hanging from a shower rod.

I am vaguely remembering being very disappointed not only could I not hang a cosmetic bag off the shower curtain rod, but could not hang out towels to dry if we were not replacing them that day - no rod, just that in-ceiling track.

Is this how others also remember it?

I just checked the Zuiderdam shower curtains and SwissMyst is correct in the stateroom Shower curtains being hung by track railings embedded in the ceilings:

Photos of Various showers from Inside to SA. The only Stateroom that I cannot see a shower curtain in is the Penthouse, which has a Glass door:

7054_shrimpboat123-12.jpg.4e919785ce2964b61d89477df1467827.jpg

Joanie

4051_SAN415-14.jpg.9aeee1bda04937da289e3b0828935f67.jpg

376517964_5026_CrusinKelly-5.jpg.d5ac113825ddcd25890c6387f1ba2da3.jpg

TB_6148-19.jpg.aefdaf410996b8fb5c19aeec172a1f8f.jpg

Archived