Ship Departing Times

kenmii

Hi There-

When a ship is listed as in port until 8:00pm. What time do you have to be on the ship? 8:00pm or earlier? and how much earlier?

Thanks!

You should be checked in and onboard by 7:30pm. To be safe, you should plan to be on the pier and ready to re-board by 7:00pm. You never know when something might delay you so be conservative. It takes the ship half an hour to remove the gangway, secure the ship and prepare to sail which is why boarding time is at least 30 minutes before sailing. The ship can, and will, sail without you if you're not onboard. In some ports, there is very little wiggle room for the Captain.

Just read John Heald's posts on FB to see how many and how often passengers miss the ship. The Carnival Breeze sailed without all the passengers three times last week on one 7-day cruise.

The initial check in is usually 90 minutes before sailing.

At each port you usually must be onboard 30 minutes before sailing. The exception is tender ports. Usually the last tender is 60 minutes before sailing. The times will be listed in the Princess Patter and at the top of the gangway

The initial check in is usually 90 minutes before sailing.

At each port you usually must be onboard 30 minutes before sailing. The exception is tender ports. Usually the last tender is 60 minutes before sailing. The times will be listed in the Princess Patter and at the top of the gangway

aka "All Aboard" time. Princess cruisers are very compliant. I've experienced sailaways before the final "Port Time".

My experience, including two tendering ports this year, is that the last tender is usually scheduled 30 minutes before sailing.

Obviously, everyone cannot wait until the time of the last tender.

My experience, including two tendering ports this year, is that the last tender is usually scheduled 30 minutes before sailing.

Obviously, everyone cannot wait until the time of the last tender.

It is true that everyone can't wait for the last tender, but they will keep running tenders as long as people are still waiting. We were in Port Douglas, Australia last September. Water was very rough and they were having difficulty transferring people from tender to ship. Really slowed down the process. Last tender was about 90 minutes later than scheduled.

I agree with someone else who said 'allow an hour'.

I always try to be back on board an hour before sail away.

That way I can be at my favorite spot with a drink in my hand as we pull away :)

Did have one time where my BIL had spent the day at the hospital (long story). He was in a taxi on his way back - 15 minutes before 'all aboard'.

I was ready to throw myself across the gangway.....

Archived