Our "Sweet" Suite Cruise--a Photo Review

EMc&DrS

I feel like I stalk you. I followed your Dream review then booked the same room last year. We ended up having to cancel that cruise and now have booked Legend cabin 4228 for April 2014. It is my first cruise and I am sure that was not the best cabin to book for a first cruise because we will forever be spoiled. It is our 10th anniversary and we wanted to splurge though!

Thanks for your great reviews and allowing some of us to stalk you! :D

Ha! That's funny. Legend #4228--what a way to go for your first cruise. You are right--you will be spoiled for life. We tried to go back to a regular room for our next cruise, but in the end we booked another suite--this time on Celebrity Reflection. Perhaps that will be the next ship you book?!?

I agree. I had to call my wife over earlier to show her the pics of the balcony, but just called her over again to show her this pic. We may have to have a shot tonight in honor of your great review!

Great pic and great review! Thanks for sharing with us! ;)

Cheer! Glad you enjoyed the review.

I haven't had a tequilla shot in years, but boy does this picture make me want to do one...

7468058376_91025ec4ac_b.jpg

I will say they are more fun with that background!

What a GREAT reviw!!!! We love Grand Cayman and have talked about spending a week there. In your opinion would the Westin Casuarina Resort & Spa on Seven-Mile Beach: be a good place to stay?

Thanks again for the great review..You have me wanting to make this my next cruise!!

Yes, the Westin in Grand Cayman was very nice--a beautiful location on Seven Mile Beach. For what it's worth, our family would enjoy going back there for an extended stay. The interior wasn't as fancy as some of the other Westin hotels we've stayed in (more of a "beachy" feel), but it was still very nice and the amenities are fantastic.

• 1 month later...

Excellent review!!! Excellent photos!!

We are booked in 4228 on the Pride in October...this will be our 2nd Vista Suite (once you go Vista baby, there is NO other cabin)....

We booked this cruise for my husbands birthday....and as an added surprise (he does not know) his best friend from high school and his wife are booked in the adjoining cabin!! (they live in Tennessee, we live in NY)...

I am definitely ordering that canape platter for sail-away!!

I am also bringing my Nikon S3100 that I bought in St Thomas 2 years ago....I love my little Nikon...takes awesome photos and the perfect size for vacation....(not bulky like my previous digital)

One thing I did notice about the deck 4 VS....the bedroom is a little smaller....our last VS was on deck 8 and there was enough room in the bedroom for another chair...but all the reviews I have read about VS's say that deck 4 is the best....so, I gotta find out for myself...

The only 'cons' that I could say about deck deck 8 VS's is #1. The moving of the chairs at 6am morning...at first I thought it was thunder...not really bad, but you could hear it ...and #2. Not alot of privacy...people up on the Lido deck could see about 1/2 of our balcony...again, not a deal breaker...I would book it again in a second!

One of the 'pros' of our deck 8 VS....on the first sea day...we were sitting on our balcony enjoying the view...and a $20 bill blew in and landed right at my husbands feet!! We got up and looked up to the Lido deck, and there was no one there!!

Anyway....thanks again for the awesome review!! I am really looking forward to our next cruise!!! The Western Caribbean itinerary has never been high on my list, but now....I think we might try it!!

Being at the aft, did you find you used your binoculars often? Do you mind sharing what kind of binoculars you used?

I always bring my binoculars--whether there is a passing ship to check out or to get better views while in port--they're always fun to have along. As far as the brand, I had to look. My wife gave them to me over 10 years ago-Galileo is the brand name.

Excellent review!!! Excellent photos!!

We are booked in 4228 on the Pride in October...this will be our 2nd Vista Suite (once you go Vista baby, there is NO other cabin)....

One thing I did notice about the deck 4 VS....the bedroom is a little smaller....our last VS was on deck 8 and there was enough room in the bedroom for another chair...but all the reviews I have read about VS's say that deck 4 is the best....so, I gotta find out for myself...

"Once you go Vista"...you got that right! We just got back from a weekend cruise to the Bahamas that we booked four days in advance once we found out we needed to be out of the house for a few days during remodeling. We booked an interior cabin on a RCCL ship--our first cruise with them. After last year's suite, I thought I was going to go insane in the small, dark interior cabin!

As far as Vista deck #4 vs. #8, I can't imagine the bedroom size being an issue. It was large. That suite is larger than most hotel rooms--not including the enormous and private balcony. You will love it!

One more question and I will stop stalking you...maybe, well at least for today.

How close are the elevators to this suite?

Thank you and thank you for answering about the binoculars, too!

Yes, I know my newbieness is showing and I am okay with that!

One more question and I will stop stalking you...maybe, well at least for today.

How close are the elevators to this suite?

Thank you and thank you for answering about the binoculars, too!

Yes, I know my newbieness is showing and I am okay with that!

No problem! There are a set of elevators towards the back of the ship--not too long of a walk. We used them almost exclusively.

Hi there!

I know you posted your review last year but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading and viewing your pictures. We are headed to Belize, Honduras and Cozumel on the Magic in November. We have sailed on the Magic before and have also been to Cozumel many times. We have never, however, been to Belize and Honduras. We are very excited to be trying out these new places. Your pictures of the cruise and Honduras just got me that much more excited.

Thanks again!

Hi there!

I know you posted your review last year but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading and viewing your pictures. We are headed to Belize, Honduras and Cozumel on the Magic in November. We have sailed on the Magic before and have also been to Cozumel many times. We have never, however, been to Belize and Honduras. We are very excited to be trying out these new places. Your pictures of the cruise and Honduras just got me that much more excited.

Thanks again!

Thanks so much--glad you enjoyed it. We actually visited Belize and Roatan the year before our Legend cruise when we sailed on Carnival Dream. If you want to see some additional photos of other options for those two ports, check out my Dream review starting at post #80 for Roatan. That sections will be followed by Belize pics and info. Just click the link to get there: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1434288&page=4

Thanks! Camera is just a point-and-shoot: Nikon Coolpix S8100. I bought it last year at Costco for under $200. I know they've come out with a newer model since.

Just bought a Nikon Coolpix S8100!!!! Hopefully I can take great pics like yours...Is it difficult to operate? What type of Sd card are you using? Sd, Sdhc? Your review was the best yet...

Archived