Our "Sweet" Suite Cruise--a Photo Review

EMc&DrS

I don't understand the flying chairs? Do they take you to the beach? I thought they took you over a mountain to the beach but then I assumed the ship would not be visible. I see it in your pictures so now I am really confused! Can you help me understand this?

We are scheduled on the Freedom out of FLL but you have me considering trying the Legend. We live 35 miles from Tampa so that would be a really nice drive to a cruise but I have not been interested in doing the western since the days when all ships only went to Cozumel and Ocho Rios.

I don't understand the flying chairs? Do they take you to the beach? I thought they took you over a mountain to the beach but then I assumed the ship would not be visible. I see it in your pictures so now I am really confused! Can you help me understand this?

We are scheduled on the Freedom out of FLL but you have me considering trying the Legend. We live 35 miles from Tampa so that would be a really nice drive to a cruise but I have not been interested in doing the western since the days when all ships only went to Cozumel and Ocho Rios.

They just take you from the shopping area at the port over to the beach. There is a walking trail for people who don't want to ride the chairs. I think it might be 1/2 mile walk--just a little hilly.

Not sure if I included this photo before. This was taken fairly close to the starting point. You can see the walking trail below and the ocean in the distance:

7451529164_0be3baceaf_b.jpg

7414865704_b2734878da_b.jpg

This picture is taken from the back end of the beach looking back towards the shopping area:

7452145954_21c3f4b1fd_b.jpg

I was standing down at the rope you see in the picture below when I took the previous photo above:

7414740916_00a73f846e_b.jpg

Our very first cruise was a Western cruise, and I wasn't so impressed with the ports (but we were chasing a hurricane around the Caribbean, so we weren't visiting at the best time). We went Eastern on our next two cruises, and we really liked those ports. When we went back to the Western itinerary on the Dream last summer, that's when I found CC and figured out I needed to do more research and planning before the trip. It made all the difference. We've really enjoyed the last two cruises to the Western ports.

Your 'point and click' camera that you bought was really, really good! I thought for sure you had one of those bigger cameras that some professionals use. Great quality pictures.

Thanks for the great review! I may look into this itinerary for our cruise next year. Roaton looks gorgeous and Grand Cayman is probably my favorite port so far.

Great review and pics. Just noticed your review in the "all things legend" thread and decided to check it out. I am glad I did, my morning tasted coffee tasted better staring at your pics. :D

Thanks--glad I could help! Happy 4th!!

The weather cleared nicely in time for our departure. There was one other ship in Belize that day:

7414396808_faafddd6b6_b.jpg

No one could identify the ship, so I looked it up when we got home. Turns out it is a ship that doubles as a college campus called “Explorer: Semester at Sea.” Students are onboard taking classes related to the parts of the world they are visiting. Sounds great until you see the price: upwards of $25,000 for the semester!!! (Which appeared to be about 2 months at sea.)

i would SOOO attend college on that ship~!!

also.. call me stupid but what is a Canape tray?? that snack tray you had delivered to your room???

[quote name=EMc&DrS

also.. call me stupid but what is a Canape tray?? that snack tray you had delivered to your room???[/quote]

Correct. It's what Carnival calls it. Just another word for hoes d'oeuvres.

Great review and pics. Just noticed your review in the "all things legend" thread and decided to check it out. I am glad I did, my morning tasted coffee tasted better staring at your pics. :D

All things Legend brought me here as well. I'm glad I came and checked it out. Wonderful review and amazing pictures! Thank you for taking the time to do it.

Well done!:::::::::::::::::::Applause::::::::::::::::::::::::

All things Legend brought me here as well. I'm glad I came and checked it out. Wonderful review and amazing pictures! Thank you for taking the time to do it.

Well done!:::::::::::::::::::Applause::::::::::::::::::::::::

Thanks--I've never gotten applause before!:)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the memories! My family was on the Legend for the same ports this time last year and had a wonderful time. We sail on the Dream in October and can't wait. Love these reviews!

We really loved our Dream cruise, too. Here's our detailed Dream review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1434288

AWESOME REVIEW! AWESOME PHOTOS! We are sailing on the Legend next month and I love to soak up anything I can about this ship and its ports.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experience.

Enjoyed your picture review so much! Thank you for sharing your cruise with us. I have a Nikon coolpix S8200 that I picked up at Sam's. I love my camera, a great little camera that takes great pictures.

Your pictures were awesome:D I can't wait for our cruise in October!!

AWESOME REVIEW! AWESOME PHOTOS! We are sailing on the Legend next month and I love to soak up anything I can about this ship and its ports.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experience.

You are most welcome. Have a great cruise!!

Thanks for the great review and the AWESOME pictures!!!!

Thanks!

Enjoyed your picture review so much! Thank you for sharing your cruise with us. I have a Nikon coolpix S8200 that I picked up at Sam's. I love my camera, a great little camera that takes great pictures.

Your pictures were awesome:D I can't wait for our cruise in October!!

Thanks. I wish we were going again in October. Have a great trip!

Archived