Atlantis water slides

PIGSKIN

I've been to the Aquaventure water park at Atlantis, but I didn't do any of the major water slides... they scared me! :eek:

One thing to note, though, is that the given the cost of the water park and the limited time you're going to be there, it may not be worth it. I don't remember the exact cost, but it was over $100/person. The ship is going to be there until 3 PM, but the water park opens at something like 10 AM, so you're only getting about 3 hours at the water park before you have to head back to the ship.

That said, I'm glad that I tried it once. I'm going back to Nassau a couple times over the next few months, and one of the times, we're there all the way until midnight, so I might be inclined to do the water park again. Even though we were only there a few hours last time, I did get pretty worn out. :)

we were there last year. I didnt do the slide that was in the comercials but we loved the lazy river because you did not have to leave the river to do the rapids or the 2 water coasters. No standing in line in the heat. you just float up a conveyer belt and at the top you choose which of the 3 you wanted to do. If there are 3 or 4 of you it is cheaper to book a room at the days in next door even though you dont stay in the room you get passes to the water park

DW and I did the slides at Atlantis and they were great. If you have done the slides at most water parks they are very similar. Not much a wait like at Disneyworld. The one that goes through the shark tank is easy because you are separated by a glass wall from the sharks. We love the uphill conveyer on the lazy river.

I did the Leap of Faith last summer. I love waterslides but don't usually go on the high, straight down ones (I prefer the twister or enclosed slides) but I did want to do this one since it has a slight concrete wall on each slide so it isn't like most where it is just the slide. I loved it and the other slides as well. Since 2007 I have neck problems so I have to be careful. I waited until after my sons went on them to see if it would be ok for me or not.

Do a search for "Atlantis Aquaventure" and read my review from last year. It will be pricey for you if your ship leaves at 3 pm. Hopefully it arrives early enough that you can be there and in line for the slides by 10 am, if not it wouldn't be worth it.

Thanks so much----so you went on that one they always show for the adds?

I will do that search.

I just see some things on tv and I just have to do them.

1. Shot over jet boat ride in queens town new Zealand.

2. Hot air balloon ride in France

3. Swim with the dolphins in key largo, Florida

4. Climb the Sydney harbor bridge.

If you book the Aquaventure excursion, can you go to all the pools and beaches at the Atlantis resort as well as the outdoor aquarium too Or are you limited to a certain area?

If you purchase the aquaventure pass you will get the same priveleges as those who book the royal, beach or coral towers. Which is most pools and beaches.

It does NOT include the COVE adults only pools or cabanas, and does not allow you to use the COVE only chairs at Cove and Paradise Beach..(although you can use the beach.. just not the chaise._

There's plenty of pools and beaches for your use.

DW and I did the slides at Atlantis and they were great. If you have done the slides at most water parks they are very similar. Not much a wait like at Disneyworld. The one that goes through the shark tank is easy because you are separated by a glass wall from the sharks. We love the uphill conveyer on the lazy river.

I know there is a 48 inch tall requirement for the slides...do any of you know if the lazy river and connecting slides are included in the 48 inch requirement? I have a 6 year old that will not be 48 inches when we are in Nassau and I am wondering if this is worth it for her or not?

I know there is a 48 inch tall requirement for the slides...do any of you know if the lazy river and connecting slides are included in the 48 inch requirement? I have a 6 year old that will not be 48 inches when we are in Nassau and I am wondering if this is worth it for her or not?

Your child will be able to do the Current and lazy river, but will NOT be able to take the conveyer to the slide. She must be 48 inches for the slides.. no exceptions.

• 2 weeks later...

I too bought a swimming suit just before going to Atlantis (great fun with dolphins) Went down one large slide , started plunge into darkness with a swimming suit ...splashed out the end of slide with a THONG!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Archived