Underbooking a Scenic Ocean View Room

tasmith09

Ready to book for the Sunshine March 2014. Really interested in the Lido deck scenic ocean view rooms.

If we book 3 people into a 4 person room, will they have the option to move us? The only options available for these different rooms are either for 2 or 4 occupants, but we'd like to put 3 in one, is that possible?

Also, we'd like to get them reserved soon since there are only a handful available, can you book a 4 person room with only 2 people, and add more in a few months?

Lastly, are the corner rooms (scenic grands - 9126 and 9111) significantly more expensive? I am not seeing them as an option for booking for the March 16, 2014 sailing, is it possible they are already sold?

I know this ship is "new" so I may not be able to get all my questions answered, but I'm hoping you more seasoned cruisers will have some answers for me.

TIA.

I noticed when I price checked a couple of cruises on the Valor the end ones were already sold out for far out cruises. My guess is they are the first to go because of the amazing views.

i wonder how it would work with them moving you. If they move you it has to be in your room category or higher right? Arent these the highest category for the OV? Would they put you in a balcony? Maybe because they are not regular rooms they wouldnt move you.

Thanks for the reply. That's kinda what I was thinking too. It wouldn't be too disappointing to be switched to a balcony, but I think these front of the ship rooms could be really cool. But, because of them being unique and that there are so few of them, I can't imagine them moving us to a different category because of underbooking.

The thing about the corner rooms is it seems like it would at least have the option when mock booking of the grand scenic views just shown as unavailable like it does for any other room even when they are sold out. Maybe I'll call up a carnival rep and ask if its available, just not shown online.

I have the answer to your mystery! I too am booked on a scenic oceanview room. There are four in my family. My mom booked one of those corner rooms. When I saw on the grid that it appeared larger than ours, i tried to check on availability for us to have one too! Then my TA told me the reason we can't book a corner room like my mom did is because there are four of us, not two (or less). And, those rooms are no larger than the regular scenic ocean view rooms. They're just configured differently.

Archived