Roberts of Hawaii...or another tour operator?

driverandrews

Are there any other recommended tour operators that cruise passengers use? We dont want to hire a car,(coming from uk ). We are particularly looking at the road to hana and the movie tour in Kauai...slightly concerned with the latter through Roberts as it states pick up time is same time as ship docks. Have emailed them, but have yet to get a reply.

Thanks in advance for any advice and recommendations. Sailing PoA November 3rd and so excited.

slightly concerned with the latter through Roberts as it states pick up time is same time as ship docks. Have emailed them, but have yet to get a reply.

Don't worry about the Roberts pick-up time. Once the ship docks go onto the pier and meet them. 99.999% of everyone else on the tour will be from the ship also.

James

Roberts is well-established, old company serving ALL of the major Hawaiian islands! Their tours are top-notch. They will be there at scheduled time and will pick you up when everyone is able to get off the ship. They will also return you to the ship on time!!!! I would never hesitate to book with them.

Roberts is well-established' date=' old company serving ALL of the major Hawaiian islands! Their tours are top-notch. They will be there at scheduled time and will pick you up when everyone is able to get off the ship. They will also return you to the ship on time!!!! I would never hesitate to book with them.[/quote']

Many of the Roberts busses have a picture of a rabbit waving on the back. This is a reference to an unsuccessful attempt by Greyhound (a large bus company in the U.S.) to compete in the Hawaii tour business. The rabbit is waving goodbye to the Greyhound.

I was looking at a few of their tour packages for our upcoming cruise. I was concerned about the return time and being back to port in time.

Thank you for the review and recommendtion!

• 2 months later...

We booked Roberts to pick us up from the airport to the hotel. Our flight landed at 1:11 and we were at the hotel by 2:30. That was with "Hawaiian Traffic" (as our driver called it) and two stops at other hotels. IMO, not bad.

Since were were not jet lagged arriving in Oahu, we decided last minute to go to Germaine's Luau. Price included transportation from the hotel to the Luau. Which was Robert's Hawaii.

We booked the cruiseline pre-trip package with the Marriot, which included transfer from the hotel to the ship...transportion provided by Roberts Hawaii.

To same some money we did the 3 tour package with Roberts, which was great. Every drive/tour guide was very knowledgeble and friendly.

We also booked two excursions through the ship. Guess who the tour was operated by....you guessed it ROBERT's HAWAII.

While in Kauai, we did a quick Walmart run. Easy peasy, FREE shuttle picks you up at the port and takes you to Walmart. Runs ever 1/2 hour by who....ROBERT's HAWAII!

So um yes, Robert's Hawaii has ALL of Hawaii on lock! LOL

Great service!!! It was comforting to know that even though we did books some of our tours own our own to save some $$ we were still getting the same level of service we would have if we had booked through the cruiseline.

Got recommendations for Valley Isle Excursions from this board and glad we went with them for the Road to Hana

Small bus - 12 passengers, interesting good guide, fantastic scenery, great lunch and highly recommend it. They pick up up just outside the gate near the pier - I think they have several buses at the pier with other cruise customers

http://www.tourmaui.com/

We used Roberts Hawaii for the luau in Kauai and for the transportation from the port in Hawaii to the Airport - recommend those too

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, I had the SAME question. We show to be docking at 9:30am and the Roberts tour shows to pick up at 9:00am in one place and 9:30am in another place on their website:eek:. I also emailed them and have not heard back. I was just wanting for them to confirm that they would wait on the cruise ship passengers since I am sure we won't be debarking until around 10:00am. Sounds like this won't be a problem? And it also sounds like you all like Roberts. I think I am going to use them instead of the ship's excursions. :)

Are there any other recommended tour operators that cruise passengers use? We dont want to hire a car,(coming from uk ). We are particularly looking at the road to hana and the movie tour in Kauai...slightly concerned with the latter through Roberts as it states pick up time is same time as ship docks. Have emailed them, but have yet to get a reply.

Thanks in advance for any advice and recommendations. Sailing PoA November 3rd and so excited.

we had really good experiences with www.hawaiicruiseexcursions.com

We had used the same company for tours on our caribbean cruise last year and we used them again in Hawaii this year. From our experiences, they have really good customer service, tours and prices.

Archived