Check in question

hftmrock

I know I have read this before here but I want to make sure that I remember it correctly.

I have a grand suite for my family and my MIL & BIL has a connecting room (not a suite). If they are in connecting rooms and I booked both rooms with my credit card and the sign and sail for both rooms is my credit card, can they come in with us for VIP check in? It doesn't make a lot of difference but if they can, (without breaking any rules) then that would be better , of course.

thanks for the replies

I really dont think there is a hard and fast rule, but if you tell them you are paying their bill once onboard so they have to check in with you because they will be on your credit card they should do it.

It would matter not at all if the cabins connect, still separate bookings, or if you paid for their cruise.

The only determining factor is you are paying their onboard expenses.

The general rule is "NO"... they can't go through VIP processing. I just did this sort of "mix and match" with nine cabins a couple of weeks ago. We sailed out of Miami. I was VIP because of the number of cruises, and the suite that I booked for my daughter was VIP. We tried to get everyone through VIP, but in the end, we were scattered through three different lines.

That said, check the boarding pass. Because I paid for a lot of the stuff including pre-paid gratuities, some boarding passes showed as "VIP". So see what is on your boarding paper-work.

Bob

Memories of Naked Fanny

Archived