Did you hear?? Costa Sailing to Bermuda Next Winter From Florida!!

Cruiselover77

I just got a flyer in the mail from my Travel agent. It looks like Costa is Trying something different and they are going to go to Bermuda from Florida!! The date she has posted is April 28 for 7 nights. IT goes to Bermuda and Nassau!!! I have always wanted to go to Bermuda! I think we are going to try it. Best of all, it is on the New Magica, which I hear is Beautiful!!!!

Hope to see you all there!!

There was an ad in our local paper a couple of weeks ago. Called our TA at AAA and she said they were doing the same trip, same price. Then a week later said they decided not to do it (AAA) since there were too many places in our area selling the cruise for less money and there was that much time in Bermuda...only 22 hrs. She suggested another local agency which we booked with.. I think they are group tours being offered right now. Nothing on Costa site. We based our decision on it leaving from FL and not having to fly up to NY.

I would suggest you call your TA and inquire about it.

I was just in the mall and saw a flyer from the travel agency there. I'd love to go to Bermuda, however, I don't like flying so since this leaves from Florida, where we live, it's great! It would be even greater if there was more time in Bermuda and less in Nassau.:(

These are the prices this particular TA had listed, how do they compare to what you have?

Cat 1A (inside) $904 pp

Cat 2 (inside) $954 pp

Cat 6 (outside) $1104 pp

Cat 8A (balcony) $1204 pp

includes $25 pp shipboard credit and free cocktail party.

This TA told me they didn't have a brochure yet since Magica is a brand new ship and now out yet. Two minutes on this board and I know this isn't so. When did Magica come out?

There is a book out that shows the Magica and deck plan, however, it is the book for their European tours..one for Carib. and Bermuda not out. They don't even list it on their web site.

• 2 weeks later...

Costa's web site now offers the Bermuda sailings. Orig. only one was offered on 4/28/06 but now they also list 4/21/06. Just choose the ship Magica and select April, 2006 and it will show up.

First time on Costa's website, so it took me awhile to find it.....but I did.

For those of you who have priced this, how do my rates (listed above) compare to what you've got. Normally, I don't recall seeing much of Costa on various cruise websites. Is there any you go to to check availability and prices?

• 2 weeks later...
there was that much time in Bermuda...only 22 hrs. She

Do you have the itinerary for this cruise? You also mentioned that it was going to the Bahamas (ug) is this on the same cruise? Also, do you know what port they are going to in Bermuda? I would hope NOT Kings Wharf or St Georges...I would like to see Hamilton.

Thanks for whomever posted the prices....that is helpfull too..

Art Costa (no relation)

Do you have the itinerary for this cruise? You also mentioned that it was going to the Bahamas (ug) is this on the same cruise? Also, do you know what port they are going to in Bermuda? I would hope NOT Kings Wharf or St Georges...I would like to see Hamilton.

Thanks for whomever posted the prices....that is helpfull too..

Art Costa (no relation)

Fri. Ft. Lauderdale 5 p.m.

Sat. At Sea

Sun. Bermuda 8 PM (I think it is Hamilton but not sure)

Mon. Bermuda to 6 PM

Tues. At Sea

Wed. Nassau - 1 PM

Thurs. Nassau Lv. 6 PM

Fri. Ft. Lauderdale

Archived