Evening Snorkel in Bermuda?

CityGrrl

Hello all! I've been drawn out of my board-lurkers shell by Chiapet's excellent Bermuda/Veendam review and by Sailbad the Sinners always entertaining and informative responses to questions.

My dilemma (oh, poor me!) is that we have more beaches we'd like to snorkel than we have mornings in port! (Church Bay, John Smith Bay, Warwick Long Bay and Jobson's Cove, Tobacco Bay, Elbow(?)).

My question is: does anyone have any advice/experience with evening snorkeling in Bermuda? I'm thinking perhaps we could try one or two of the beaches after the crowds leave and enjoy some quiet quality time with the sea life around 4 or 5 pm.

Thoughts from the wise?

Hello all! I've been drawn out of my board-lurkers shell by Chiapet's excellent Bermuda/Veendam review and by Sailbad the Sinners always entertaining and informative responses to questions.

My dilemma (oh, poor me!) is that we have more beaches we'd like to snorkel than we have mornings in port! (Church Bay, John Smith Bay, Warwick Long Bay and Jobson's Cove, Tobacco Bay, Elbow(?)).

My question is: does anyone have any advice/experience with evening snorkeling in Bermuda? I'm thinking perhaps we could try one or two of the beaches after the crowds leave and enjoy some quiet quality time with the sea life around 4 or 5 pm.

Thoughts from the wise?

With an early start you could hit Elbow , Warwick Long Bay / Jobson's Cove.

Walk the path to Hourseshoe beach . Take the van up the hill for $2 to catch the Bus to Church Bay .

All these beaches are on the South road bus route #7 .

Thanks so much for the suggestion... I'm not sure it fits our hoped for experience.

Even if we start very early, it seems like trying to visit that many beaches in a morning might lead to very short visits at each beach, if we want to beat the crowds and be on our way back to Hamilton by noon.

Anyone tried evening snorkeling? Is it still light when the crowds start thinning out on the beaches?

we do this in stj...snorkel one beach in the am and go to another about 4pm when it is quieter...not sure when it gets dark in bermuda but certainly not before 6. warwick and jobsons share a boundary and easily done together.....enjoy! just don't be out after dark in the water...you won't be alone..

Archived