Noordam

CretaMed88

Great pics! I was on her that day, finishing up our 20 day cruise three days ago. We became 3-Star Mariners on that trip...

It was a wonderful journey and enjoyed seeing both the western and eastern Mediterranean. We loved Naples, Pompei and the Amalfi coast visiting both Sorrento and Positano through our private tour with Romeinlimo. Great service and much cheaper than the ship excursions. Although we did take some from the ship. Great tour out of Ephesus and Santorini on the Eastern piece and in Eze/Nice and Tunisia on the first part of the trip. My wife fell in love with Eze and the Amalfi coast and we will probably do a week in the Naples area in the future. Spent a wonderful time in Corfu and Dubrovnik on our own. Both sections of the trip were unique but we liked the Eastern part just a little bit more. For those of you going, be aware that it is very port intensive with only 3 sea days on the 20 day trip. It was nice to relax with the final sea day and the ~4 hours at Messina on the last two days. Messina was the weakest of all the stops and 4 hours for us was just fine. It allowed us to recuperate before heading home.

For those with kids... Our 7yo son loved clubHAL so much, he never wanted to get off the ship.

None of the ports were tender ports, although some the locations we berthed at were a fair distance from town and required shuttles(small fee - 10.00-12.00 US pp return).

We were told that Monte Carlo "could" be a tender port if there were too many ships there but we were able to dock and get right off the ship there into town. The only tender we had during the 20 days was Santorini. We wre lucky there as well as there were only about 3 cruise ships anchored there that day.

For the western piece, Livorno is in an cargo port area and one needs to get to the trains to get out to Florence and Pisa. Barcelona is walkable to the town but HAL offers a shuttle to the Columbus monument for something like $5-8 each way (We walked it). Palma is a bit away from the port and again, HAL offers a shuttle service into the main town area. Tunis is away from the city and there are taxis available or you can walk to the train station. Would advise booking a tour there unless very adventurous. Palermo is right at the city so walk off the boat and you are there. I am not sure how easy it is to get into the city of Naples as we had a private tour. It was a long ways out of the port area by car, but I don't know if you could bypass it all by walking.

Hi

Your taking the 10 day Mediterrean cruise leaving Sept 25 with Holland America. Have you arranged transport from Rome to the Port. My friend and I are looking to share.

Janet

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :)

Here is your Roll Call where you should make arrangements with others on your cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1582817

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from NOORDAM on the 20 days cruise. Places we visited were FABULOUs . This voyage was EXHAUSTING becaUSE OF THE EXTREME HEAT BUT IIT WAS A wow!!!

thE PORTS ARE GREAT.

Europe is not cheap but such wonderful places to visit WE really enjoyed them all

Thank you Rome Cabs for locating my misplaced bag and bringing it to me STEAFANO you are the best

Thanks to UMberto of Italy drivers for a perfect day in AMALFI coast Lunch was wonderful and the view BREATHTAKING at LA TAGLIATA restaurant

Foods GREAT in Turkey thanks Mark for that treat after Milotus

GREAT stuff

Michele

Just got back from NOORDAM on the 20 days cruise. Places we visited were FABULOUs . This voyage was EXHAUSTING becaUSE OF THE EXTREME HEAT BUT IIT WAS A wow!!!

thE PORTS ARE GREAT.

Europe is not cheap but such wonderful places to visit WE really enjoyed them all

Thank you Rome Cabs for locating my misplaced bag and bringing it to me STEAFANO you are the best

Thanks to UMberto of Italy drivers for a perfect day in AMALFI coast Lunch was wonderful and the view BREATHTAKING at LA TAGLIATA restaurant

GREAT stuff

Michele

Welcome Home

Glad you had a wonderful cruise.

Hope you will write a review.

thE PORTS ARE GREAT.

GREAT stuff

Michele

Great to hear about your wonderful cruise. Sorry it was so hot but you still enjoyed it anyway.

Welcome back........:)

I did my review it should be posted in a few days Nursing a dreadful cold and cough Came out on the last night Not surprised REALLY HOT outdoors ...like 135 degrees in the shade and FREEZING AC on ship It caught up to me TUNISIA was an OVen Wow so wierd to get HOT BREEZE!!!!

Be Warned bring sweaters Hallways were very cold on ship

Archived