June 28, 8 night on the Enchantment, reviews.

Kathypet our worst issue was the AC; no matter how much we asked, they just couldn't get it right. We had no rain, so I think the leak and the soot were less of a bother. I do agree that Charlie is wonderful. We are late risers, and he accommodated us so easily.

Tony O-I think the formal nights were the two sea days.

I forgot to mention- we had fireworks in Bermuda. Anyone know why?

They were cool to see- started just as we were finishing up late seating dining, and we found a nice spot on the deck 5 rail.

One other note- the tendering in Newport was a lot faster than I thought it would be- so we were able to get off and start running by 11am.

We had 8610, so could hear the major concerts in the Centrum, and more anyone running around on deck 9- we were directly under one of the ping pong tables. But that stopped by 1am with the curfew.

As for the art- we participated, but didn't really like the use of the Centrum much- we do understand that they plan to move. Quite a few showed up to drink the champagne, and many got raffle tickets for free stuff. AFAIK, only one or two actually bought anything. It's going to take some time for them to find a proper niche. Same thing happened when we were on the Jewel.

We are going on the Enchantment next month and it is great to read everyone's thoughts on things to do and what is great on board. It's our twentieth anniversary and our first vacation without kids in 16 years, so we intend to have fun whether the ship is perfect or not, but it's great to read other's observations.

We spent a week in Boston two years ago - great city - and would suggest anyone wanting to do a lot in a short time consider buying a GOBoston card. It gets you into most places and includes a trolley to make getting around fast. We really thought the Old State House Museum, the art museum, and Paul Revere's home were all great. We had a five day card and it saved us a lot, but you have to really look at their website and see what you'd likely use for a one day to be wise. It was $54 for a one day adult card, I believe.

Thank you!

THe first one was the day after we sailed (Sea Day) and the I am pretty sure that the second one was the second to the last night we were on board (Newport)

Be ready for anything. Ours (5/17-25) was the second day between Bermuda and Boston. The lobster was also served on a different night (I think the night we left Newport). YMMV, and you may not know until you board and get the planner.

Roy

Archived