Hope NCL does'nt follow suit ? yuk

mpk218

I am unaware of this new policy about ship-board credits from travel agents from any official announcement by Carnival.
Can you please either post where you got this information from "officially" or tell us how to find it on the Carnival or any other website?
We appreciate all the comments but they are personal opinions.
Before we establish those opinions we should see exactly what Carnival actually said on this subject regarding any new policy about ship-board credit (or other incentives) through travel agents.
Thank you for directing us to something more official.

[quote name='Pepc']I am unaware of this new policy about ship-board credits from travel agents from any official announcement by Carnival.
Can you please either post where you got this information from "officially" or tell us how to find it on the Carnival or any other website?
We appreciate all the comments but they are personal opinions.
Before we establish those opinions we should see exactly what Carnival actually said on this subject regarding any new policy about ship-board credit (or other incentives) through travel agents.
Thank you for directing us to something more official.[/quote]
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]
[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=34461312&postcount=1[/url][/COLOR][/SIZE]

The wiorlkd would be a better place with less TA's

[quote name='mpk218']I just saw this and I dont know how new it is but,here it is.
I sure hope NCL does not look at similar ideas.

## NEWSFLASH: New Carnival Policy goes in effect August 1st, 2012

Carnival has just announced that effective 8/1/12, they will not allow travel agents to give ANY cash equivalent value-adds (i.e shipboard credit, pre-paid gratuities, gas cards, airline miles, reduced airfare; free or discounted travel insurance, hotel nights, or shore excursions) and will be limiting any booking incentives to a $ 25 pp non-cash equivalent item (like a tote bag, hat, beach towel, memory book, sunglasses and Carnival gifts delivered onboard (Bon Voyage items)). This new policy applies not only to advertising, but all forms of communication, including in-person, phone or any other means. If any travel agent is caught violating the policy, (whether big, small or even a home based agent belonging to a host agency) their commission can be eliminated and they can be put on a "no book" status.[/quote]

Archived