Can Anyone Tell Me What Resort This Might Be??

kicker

Below is a description of an excursion from a website for Grand Turk. Nowhere does it tell what resort it is, or exactly where its located (only clue is the need for a taxi from the port). Any Grand Turk afficianados have an idea?

Escape the crowds and retreat to a small, intimate resort offering relaxation, bars, water activities, and the best restaurant on the island. After taking a taxi from the port area, you will arrive and be welcomed as a guest.

At check in, the staff will ask you what time you would like lunch, and then point you to your included beach chair waiting for you on the white sand beach next to the turquoise blue water. There are hammocks under palm trees, uncrowded beach to comb, a small beach bar where you can relax with a rum punch or just sit on your beach chair and let the world melt away.

For guests wanting a little more excitement, there is snorkeling gear ($20 per person), kayaks ($15 for 2 hours), Hobie cats ($40 per hour) and other activities available for rental on site.

In addition to your welcome rum drink, your program also includes a seafood sampler lunch of the best local seafood offerings available that day which may include conch, lobster, fish and chicken prepared fresh by the Executive Chef. Meals include yummy side dishes (depending on local availability). If you do not eat seafood, just let the staff know upon check in. Additional drinks can be purchased from the bar.

As this special site is not designed for crowds, there is a maximum number of spaces available each day. Please book early to avoid disappointment. Tour duration is up to guest's discretion based on when they arrive and depart. It is the guest's responsibility to return to their ship by the ship's posted all aboard time.

I know Gran Turk isn't the most-cruised port, but I thought someone might at least have an idea. Looking at the Google map on here, all I see is the Bohio Dive Resort.

Right now my plan is either:

a). get off the ship and use the beach right there

b). rent a golf cart and cruise around, find a beach

Plans are slightly complicated by having our 3 yr old DGD with us, so I have to take into account what's best for her.

I remember a thread (or threads) a couple of years ago (I haven't stopped at GT since May 2010). Seems there was a B&B sort of place that offered a day pass. The description sounds like the one you posted.

I simply cannot remember the name.

You could spend a some just going back through the pages and looking at the thread titles around that time to see if anything jumps out. Or check Trip Advisor to see if any description sounds like the above.

Seems the proprietor was a woman from Australia or New Zealand. I'm afraid I just cannot remember much else.

• 2 weeks later...
I remember a thread (or threads) a couple of years ago (I haven't stopped at GT since May 2010). Seems there was a B&B sort of place that offered a day pass. The description sounds like the one you posted.

I simply cannot remember the name.

You could spend a some just going back through the pages and looking at the thread titles around that time to see if anything jumps out. Or check Trip Advisor to see if any description sounds like the above.

Seems the proprietor was a woman from Australia or New Zealand. I'm afraid I just cannot remember much else.

I believe you are thinking of the Grand Turk Inn..The owner is Katrina from New Zealand and it is a B&B. We spent a day there in 2008..she served a wonderful lunch and we had access to a small beach across the road. I think that the resort the op is speaking of is definetley not the grand Turk Inn.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact (word-for-word) excursion description in some information I got from my TA, and one of the reviews at the bottom mentions Bohio by name:

"The food was delicious. The fresh catch of the day of conch, grouper and lobster was served along with a welcome drink of rum punch. We were so glad we booked this excursion because the main beach in Grand Turk was extremely crowded and this beach at the Bohio Dive Resort was private. We did not want to leave.",

and another talks about taking their little ones:

"We had a WONDERFUL time, we had a 1 and a 2 year old and they also had a blast, they even made sure that the little ones had food that they liked !! The Island had young kids playing music for us and helped my 2 year old grandson ride a horse in the ocean"

...I'm sure hoping that it is, because we're probably going to book it for our visit in April. Sounded wonderful to us.:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd given up on getting responses, so I hadn't checked back on here for a while. Thanks for the comments. Right now I think I'm leaning more towards renting a golf cart and doing some exploring, so I've been looking over those threads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just came across this same excursion and had the same questions regarding this resort as well. Was in Grand Turk In July and just hung out at Margartiaville. Will be there in March and was thinking about doing something different this time

I see it now has a name: Bahio Dive Resort. It's been 4 months since the last posts. Has anyone been here yet?

Thanks.

Have not been - but emailed them and got this response.

Thank you for contacting Bohio!

You are most welcome to visit us the for the day, there is no charge. We have a great restaurant, beach bar and a lovely beach with good snorkeling. We do rent sun loungers ($10), snorkel gear ($20) and kayaks ($20).

We also run several "Snorkel on the Wall" boat trips per day to see Grand Turk's famous coral reef and fish life, weather permitting. Cost is $40 per person, including snorkel equipment and is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes. You are welcome to arrive at Bohio and arrange once here or book in advance. There are no set times of departure as this excursion is dependant on ship time, so please let us know if you are interested.

To reach Bohio, please take any taxi from the cruise ship terminal, the cost is no more than $8 per person one way. We look forward to welcoming you soon

Drink to infinity at the Infinity Bar

You may feel like a movie star at this hot spot.

The Infiniti Bar stretches 90 feet across Grace Bay Club to the shores of Grace Bay beach.

Jane Fonda, Cindy Crawford and Shaquille O'Neal are among the many celebrities who have spent time relaxing at the glamorous Infinity Bar in Turks and Caicos.

The Infinity Bar is the marquee attraction at the upscale Grace Bay Club resort and is the Caribbean's longest bar at 90 feet, according to the resort. It is surrounded by a white sand beach and lush vegetation and attracts its largest crowds at sunset.

The "longest bar in the Caribbean" is the pride and joy of internationally renowned designer Keith Hobbs. His creation has been celebrated by guests, travel magazines and other publications since its opening in 2007.

During your visit, be sure to order the bar's signature drink, the Infiniti Martini.

• 2 weeks later...

We went last year at the end of February. It is a small resort with a beach area. the bar is on an open deck along with tables and chairs overlooking the beach. It was crowded. there were no lounge chairs left. We had one drink and it cost $12 for a rum punch! That was a bit of a shock. The beach was nice and we did a little snorkelling, although there wasn't a lot to see. Still it was a relaxing experience. We took a taxi there and back. The taxis tend to stay at the port until they are full and then drop people off as they move across the island. The taxi driver was great. Gave us a tour of interesting facts and history of certain homes and resorts along the way. I believe the cab fare was priced individually at about $8-$10 per person. It was a 5-10 minute ride. I could be mistaken about how the fare worked. We are returning to the same port this year, but I doubt we will do the same thing.

Archived