Summit/Bermuda cruise - Disembarkation time Cape Liberty

Specs

Dear all,

I have a quick question. We would like to book a taxi/limousine to pick us up at Cape Liberty cruise terminal, following our cruise on Celebrity Summit. We are scheduled to arrive at 7am, but Celebrity told us it could take up to 3-4 hours before we clear customs and can disembark from the ship.

My question is therefore at what time do you think we should ask the driver to pick us up? We want to be picked up as early as possible, but at the same time, we don't want to be charged waiting fees if the driver must wait for us to disembark. Our flight is in the afternoon, but we would like to arrive at La Guardia as early as possible.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Dear all,

I have a quick question. We would like to book a taxi/limousine to pick us up at Cape Liberty cruise terminal, following our cruise on Celebrity Summit. We are scheduled to arrive at 7am, but Celebrity told us it could take up to 3-4 hours before we clear customs and can disembark from the ship.

My question is therefore at what time do you think we should ask the driver to pick us up? We want to be picked up as early as possible, but at the same time, we don't want to be charged waiting fees if the driver must wait for us to disembark. Our flight is in the afternoon, but we would like to arrive at La Guardia as early as possible.

We docked around 7ish and we were off the ship at 8:30, got our luggage, fetched the car from the parking lot, and we were on our way at 9:00 am

I would recommend a 9:00 am pick up and tell Celebrity on your disembarkation questionnaire that you need to get off the ship at 8:30 to meet awaiting transportation.

Dear all,

That's great that your flight isn't until the afternoon. We were on the Summit last year and hired a private van to take us from the cruise terminal to the airport. We requested pick-up for around 8:30 and our flight was at 11:50. There was a delay in docking and disembarking due to a traffic situation in the harbor and I was concerned about being charged waiting fees and possibly missing our flight. As soon as we arrived at the pier, I called the limo company on my cellphone and explained that we would be late in disembarking the ship. I was told to call back as soon as we got off the ship and picked up our luggage and that they would dispatch the van at that time. They arrived right away and we made it to the airport in time for our flights.

What time is your afternoon flight? If there are no unforseen delays in disembarking, you can probably request a pick-up time sometime between 9:00-9:30. When making the reservation for the limo service, I'd suggest asking what their policy is re: waiting when clients are delayed in getting off the ship at the requested time. We were very happy with the transportation company that we chose.

We arranged for a car to pick us up at 9am, and requested "8:30 disembarkation with private travel arrangements" as we were taking a noon train from Penn Station, NY.

Last Sunday we docked on time at 7am. Our number and colour was called at 8:20. We were off the ship and had picked up our bags and were out of the terminal at 8:40. Our car was early and we were at the Amtrak station just after 9:15.

Things went smoothly for us. We were lucky. Hopefully you will be too. I have been on 20 cruises and so far have never docked late.

Archived