Underage Drinking

thebooler

This seems to be an NCL issue. We cruised RCI last June with three 18 year olds and they absolutely were not served alcohol on the cruise ship. They could go in bars but the bartenders were very strict about it. If a 21 year old appeared to be with younger people the bartender watched and dumped the drink if it was shared. There were a large number of security present and this was an early June cruise with not that many teens aboard. Princess does security well with teenagers also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This seems to be an NCL issue. We cruised RCI last June with three 18 year olds and they absolutely were not served alcohol on the cruise ship. They could go in bars but the bartenders were very strict about it. If a 21 year old appeared to be with younger people the bartender watched and dumped the drink if it was shared. There were a large number of security present and this was an early June cruise with not that many teens aboard. Princess does security well with teenagers also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have not sailed NCL yet but have sailed RCI and Carnival. I agree with you on RCI, security is very tight on their ships in all areas, including swiping most peoples sail passes at the clubs before even admitting them. In fact I think RCI security is a little too overbearing in some areas. However on Carnival the first night of the cruise there was no carding going on in the adult club, however the second night they put two people out to start looking at sail cards however that was hit and miss. In my perspective there were underage people in the club and quite a few of them (girls mainly) were able to get drinks from some of the older guys in the club, much like how it works on land.

I am reasonably certain the cruise lines have a policy to prohibit serving minors for safety reasons. We experienced a tragedy on an Italian cruise line in the Carribean when a 15 year old girl was over served and lost overboard. I doubt a single passenger on that voyage will forget how we felt the next day while circling the waters near Cozumel........ Her body, to my knowledge, was never recovered.