Caneletto: Charge or Not?

SilvertoGold

[quote name='Isles of Shoals']The Nieuw Amsterdam charged $10 per person for the Canaletto during our July 18-30 cruise of the Eastern Mediterranean. The menu seemed to be the same as last year. Service was excellent, perhaps because many tables were available!
If you like the Canaletto, this surcharge MIGHT be worthwhile. With one exception (my undercooked osso bucco), the food was quite good. It was an enjoyable and leisurely dinner. I've certainly had better meals in top-flight Italian restaurants, but the comparisons of it to Olive Garden are unfair.[/quote]

Pretty shocked they havent updated the website to reflect this...
We will pay, we love Canaletto...
But at least disclose it. Communication! The only issue I have w/ HAL.

DH and I are booked for 8/26 cruise on the Oosterdam and are very disappointed to read that there will be a charge for Canaletto's. We ate there
several times while on a February cruise in Mexico. Service was very good compared to the dining room where it took over 2 hours to eat. Food was satisfactory although we agree the location and furnishings (storing silverware and dishes on the table next to us) left something to be desired. However, it was a nice change.
Now we will have to decide whether it is worth the money or time to eat there or the dining room. HAL waiters have just too many tables to service during dinner (we were told up to 30 psgrs--Princess does 18-20 max).:mad:

[quote name='PRINCESS ELITE']DH and I are booked for 8/26 cruise on the Oosterdam and are very disappointed to read that there will be a charge for Canaletto's. We ate there
several times while on a February cruise in Mexico. Service was very good compared to the dining room where it took over 2 hours to eat. Food was satisfactory although we agree the location and furnishings (storing silverware and dishes on the table next to us) left something to be desired. However, it was a nice change.
Now we will have to decide whether it is worth the money or time to eat there or the dining room. HAL waiters have just too many tables to service during dinner (we were told up to 30 psgrs--Princess does 18-20 max).:mad:[/quote]
We were on Amsterdam/Alaska on June 1st 2012, we ate at the Caneletto, there was NO CHARGE!!

[quote name='magandab']P. S. I simply loathe Olive Garden and refuse to eat there.[/quote]

But yet people line up to eat there everyday...me included. It is better than Canneletto. I would pay for Canneletto if they upgraded their menu and ingredients.

Archived