Directions Cape Liberty Port from PA

I am going to Cape Liberty Port from Pittsburgh and was wondering if anyone has gone there Differentdirections tell me go turnipike and one goes on I-80 About how long of a drive Would you leave at 6 in morning of cruise or go up night before HELP Karen

From the PA Tpke you pick up the NJ Tpke at exit 6. I would estimate 1 and 1/2 hours from that point to get to the port. You would stay on the NJ Tpke to exit 14B for Bayonne. The port is 10 to 15 minutes from the exit.

From the PA Tpke you pick up the NJ Tpke at exit 6. I would estimate 1 and 1/2 hours from that point to get to the port. You would stay on the NJ Tpke to exit 14B for Bayonne. The port is 10 to 15 minutes from the exit.

NJ Tpke exit 14A for Bayonne. When you go through toll sign will direct you to cruise port.

NJ Tpke exit 14A (Bayonne). After you pay the toll stay left to Ave E go about 1 mi. to 30 street make a left over the bridge. The second light make another left, go to the second light make a right and you are there.

If you follow direction above you by pass the traffic.

tony

I believe that RCCL also runs a bus from Pittsburg to Bayonne. I know our TA asked us if we wanted to take the bus $50 pp round trip and I read somewhere on RC's website that they do indeed have a bus that goes from Pittsburg and stops at two or three other cities including ours and then on to Bayonne.

Your best bet is to drive in the night before and get a hotel at the Best Western through parksleepfly. You get 10 nights parking, room, breakfast, and transfers for $150.

Once you cross over to NJ from PA it is about 45 minutes worth of a drive but PA is a big state and there are always accidents on the I80.

I thought about flying into Newark but cheapist flight is 350 each have 3 people

I flew into New Orleans in March for 231 but cant find anything that cheap to Newark which is so much closer

Take the bus that RC offers! Less stress for your vacation and they are responsible to get you there. I do believe it ends up being the same price as what you would pay to park your car if you drive.

We used the bus last year and will continue to do so. It drops you right at the entrace to the terminal and not worries about parking and schlepping luggage across the lot.

I dont think that Royal Caribbean offers the bus service anymore. At least they did not last time I asked a couple of months ago.

Is that from ALL locations? I hope not because our TA offered it to us for this coming August:eek: and we were planning on using it!!! I guess we better re-check with her.

Is that from ALL locations? I hope not because our TA offered it to us for this coming August:eek: and we were planning on using it!!! I guess we better re-check with her.

I checked from Allentown PA. Be sure to post if they offer it from other cities.

DON'T take the PA Turnpike East of Harrisburg, It's a mess. There's construction between Downingtown and Vally Forge and it's usualy a parking lot between Valley Forge and the Jersey line.

If you want to take the Turnpike from "out west", get off the Turnpike in Carlisle and then take 81 north to 78 East. Take 78 East into Jersey and follow it to I-95 / Jersey turnpike. There's SOME construction on 78 in the Allentown area, but not as bad as the Turnpike. PLUS I-81 & I-78 are TOLL FREE, you will save around $7.00 in tolls each way! If you look on a map it seems to be going WAY out of your way, but it's indeed faster.

DON'T take the PA Turnpike East of Harrisburg, It's a mess. There's construction between Downingtown and Vally Forge and it's usualy a parking lot between Valley Forge and the Jersey line.

I agree, about that one. The traffic out in that area is horrible especially if traveling on a weekday.

Try checking if they offer a bus from Harrisburg. We went last Sept....by bus from Harrisburg...offered by RCCL. We went in the day before, stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel(which shuttled us to the bus station and left us park our cars in their hotel parking garage!) The hotel was wonderful, the bus...stressfree and the arrival process excellent. The drive to Harrisburg for us in Ligonier, PA was 3.5 hrs. so, from Pgh., it would be near 4.5. Better than the drive into Bayonne....traffic was heavy when we got near to NJ/NY border!!! GLad we used the bus.

Enjoy!

Archived