disapointed with celebration/thomson

I fully agree with what the majority are saying with two exceptions.

I agree withe OP about the games deck. I was on Celebration in June for two weeks and never saw that area used. I also saw the sunbed scramble. I would have thought that the simple thing to do was to get rid of the net and convert this area to a sunbed area, with the only cost being 100 or so sunbeds.

The other point I would make is that we thought that there was too few waiters and we regularly waited 30 minutes to get a drink and we were not all inclusive. A lot of these staff spoke very poor english which gave rise to my theory that Thomsons had removed some of the experienced staff to Majesty to get that project off the ground and at the same time reduced expectations on Celebration . Then when Celebration goes Platinum the experienced staff come back and we notice a much improved service which in reality is only back to where we were before Majesty came along.

Just my opinion.

I would say you have provided valid points especially the service, We were told by TA that staff had been moved to newer ship to get that up to date

I fully agree with what the majority are saying with two exceptions.

The other point I would make is that we thought that there was too few waiters and we regularly waited 30 minutes to get a drink and we were not all inclusive. A lot of these staff spoke very poor english which gave rise to my theory that Thomsons had removed some of the experienced staff to Majesty to get that project off the ground and at the same time reduced expectations on Celebration . Then when Celebration goes Platinum the experienced staff come back and we notice a much improved service which in reality is only back to where we were before Majesty came along.

Just my opinion.

staff dont move between Celebration and the Louis owned ships Majesty and Spirit

Just returned last week from 2 weeks on Celebration - just wondering ifI was on the same ship!!!

Our first cruise and it was fabulous - food was excellent - drinks fantastic, service - some of the best I have experienced, entertainment - something for everybody.

The only thing I would agree with was the sunbed thing - silly s0ds left their stuff on the sunbeds - went out for the DAY and came back after not using them all day - very maddening.

My only gripe was in fact the sunbeds, but that was other passengers, nothing to do with the ship - would love to go again.

Jog on mister - you obviously were not on the same ship as everyone else!!!:confused:

Just returned last week from 2 weeks on Celebration - just wondering ifI was on the same ship!!!

Our first cruise and it was fabulous - food was excellent - drinks fantastic, service - some of the best I have experienced, entertainment - something for everybody.

The only thing I would agree with was the sunbed thing - silly s0ds left their stuff on the sunbeds - went out for the DAY and came back after not using them all day - very maddening.

My only gripe was in fact the sunbeds, but that was other passengers, nothing to do with the ship - would love to go again.

Jog on mister - you obviously were not on the same ship as everyone

else!!!:confused:

Jog on lol very tactful it is a family site, I wanted to write stronger phrase!!

I have posted thread re drinks any possibility you could post up reply, would be much appreciated if you could help

Dingadong

I am delighted you enjoyed your first cruise but I wonder what your opinion is based on if you havent cruised before.

I based my opinion on 11 previous cruises some with Thomson and some with other cruise companies.

I find it so disappointing that your phrase "jog on mister" is so aggressive when I was only expressing a considered opinion and is not the sort of language we hear very often on cruise critic.

You can trust that I will not be commentating in future on this thread so now you can carry on giving help and opinion to people that use this message board. Your remark was quite uncalled for.

Dingadong

I am delighted you enjoyed your first cruise but I wonder what your opinion is based on if you havent cruised before.

I based my opinion on 11 previous cruises some with Thomson and some with other cruise companies.

I find it so disappointing that your phrase "jog on mister" is so aggressive when I was only expressing a considered opinion and is not the sort of language we hear very often on cruise critic.

You can trust that I will not be commentating in future on this thread so now you can carry on giving help and opinion to people that use this message board. Your remark was quite uncalled for.

Clive & Anne

I think maybe that Dingadong's comments might have been towards to OP dockerii, not towards you - that was how I read it, anyway ;)

Clive & Anne

I think maybe that Dingadong's comments might have been towards to OP dockerii, not towards you - that was how I read it, anyway ;)

That's exactly how I read it hence my comment about stronger phrase referring to OP

I hope Clive & Anne do read all these notices:)

Wddeni wwe are on deck 7 so will try and upload some pics when I get back in august for you and any info you need .

Really dont think the comment was meant for Clive , Anne

Mrs.C

That would be fantastic:D TY

That's how I read it as well.

That was exactly what was meant. Considering this was my first cruise (and remembering how unsure I was) I thought it would be useful to add my thoughts especially for people who had the same concerns as I did. It was my first cruise, not my first holiday - which I may add are usually spent in 5* hotels, so I think the comparison about service, food etc was valid.

I would not hesitate to recommend Celebration to anyone, and indeed the service we received was second to none - perhaps only comparable to (in my opinion) hotels in Mexico. Anyone who is going for the first time - hope your experience was as good as ours.:)

Wddeni wwe are on deck 7 so will try and upload some pics when I get back in august for you and any info you need .

Really dont think the comment was meant for Clive , Anne

Mrs.C

Mrs C

I am not exactly sure how to send a private message or if I can?:rolleyes:

Got back of celebration yesterday I think your post is being very straight with the truth and the brainwashed Thomson fan club cannot see any wrong because they have not experienced the finer ships and companies on offer:rolleyes:

On separate nights presumably ?

Seeing as these are two different styles.

:)

No just one night:rolleyes: We all dressed up as cowboys/girls:)

They also did Red,white and blue nights (one night!!) and apparently now they do Rock 'n Roll nights too (just the one night for Rock and Roll):D:D:D

Got back of celebration yesterday I think your post is being very straight with the truth and the brainwashed Thomson fan club cannot see any wrong because they have not experienced the finer ships and companies on offer:rolleyes:

Finer Ships and Companies on Offer?

Please feel free to share your experiences since you have never mentioned any of them in your 2 previous posts one of which is a question about the Celebration:confused:

Guys,

I am as guilty as the next person but may I suggest that we do not reply to this troll who is obviously the same as the OP with a different ID.

They only seek one thing and that is attention.

Let us let this thread die.

Guys,

I am as guilty as the next person but may I suggest that we do not reply to this troll who is obviously the same as the OP with a different ID.

They only seek one thing and that is attention.

Let us let this thread die.

Never thought of that.....I jumped in with my 3 feet lol

One day that troll bridge will tumble down

Over and Out:D

On the other hand, there appear to be a number of Thomsons clients hereabouts who have experience of other "finer ships and companies" (as you put it), as we have.

No complaints.

Archived